Sunday 7 June 2020

Rainbow Sunburst Slimline Duo


Hello Crafty friends ...

I'm LOVING the current trend of rainbows on cards, so decided to make a pair of rainbow Slimline cards to send out for Happy Mail. Everyone loves to get a little rainbow in the mail, right? (Well I do have one friend who doesn't see the appeal of rainbows, but she's the only one I know of.) 

I pulled out my Scrapworks Large Sunburst die set from Your Next Stamp, which is one of my very favourite YNS dies. Then I grabbed some card stock scraps and started die cutting. The die cuts two of the sunburst rays at a time, so that is why I decided to go ahead and make two nearly identical cards. The pieces for the second card were already cut!


I used the Rainbow of Happiness stamp & die set from MFT for the greeting on the front, white embossing the sentiment on a stitched black circle. The word RAINBOW was die cut from white card stock and coloured with copic markers before adhering between the white embossed words.


I added some rainbow striped patterned paper inside with a white panel.  Wanting to 'jazz up' the inside a little more I die cut a heart from the upper portion of the white panel. The i-crafter Blending Brushes worked perfectly to add a little colour to the heart, and the cute face is from the YNS Oh Shiitake stamp set. Then I stamped a few black dots and popped the heart up with foam tape.

The greeting says "This is more than a card, it's a HUG with a fold in the middle". I've had that stamp for YEARS and I enjoyed using it again. It's perfect for Happy Mail!


I recently reorganized my stamps & dies, putting each one in a clear plastic sleeve with a white backing paper. Then, instead of storing them by manufacturer, I thought I'd try sorting by theme. I wasn't sure how comfortable I'd be with this new organization system as I automatically THINK by manufacturer.  However, it's working out better than I hoped, and having all of my sentiments stored together in one spot allowed me to quickly find this stamp!


Supplies:
Scrapworks Large Sunburst Die Set - Your Next Stamp
White, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple and black card stocks
Copic markers
Rainbow of Happiness - MFT Stamps
Tropical Paradise & Spellbound Gumdrops - Your Next Stamp
White embossing powder
Stitched circle dies - MFT Stamps
Stripe-tastic Heart die set - Your Next Stamp
i-crafter Blending Brushes
Catherine Pooler Inks
Dot stamps - Stamps by Judith
It's a Hug - Verses
Oh Shiitake (face) - Your Next Stamp
Sakura white gel pen
Small heart stamp - Stamps by Judith

Card sizes, both - 3.5 x 8.5", fits in a standard #10 Business Envelope

Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. can never go wrong with a rainbow on a card, love this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marisela Delgado said: super cute! mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!