Tuesday 2 June 2020

"A Dog Named Shark" Pop Up Card


Hello crafty friends ...

It's time for Karen Burniston's June 2020 Designer Challenge, where we are to use any of the Pattern Plates for our project. I chose the Swirl Pattern Plate, the Spinner Square Pop Up and some fun stamped images from Riley & Company.

I talk about some of the details for this card in my YouTube Video below, which can also be found on my YouTube Channel HERE.


Once I had decided to use the Pattern Plate Swirls, I die cut it twice from navy card stock. The Pattern Plate dies are designed to fill the entire front of an A2 card, but you can use them in several different ways! Here I cut them down and used pieces for focal elements as well as using them as a stencil with blending brushes and dye inks.


Inside, I used the Spinner Square Pop Up for the animation. I snipped apart the second Swirl die cut and added pieces into the two corners.


Both the Policeman Riley and the 'just saying...' were a fun choice of images to go with the sentiment on the card front, and I used one of the Swirl dies to add some light stencilling across the card as on the narrow rectangle.  A small piece of one of the Swirls was snipped to fit behind Policeman Riley.


I hope you will check out what the rest of the Design Team has come up with using the Pattern Plates - their blogs are linked on the right. Karen Burniston will have her project and video on her blog tomorrow (Wednesday) HERE.


Supplies:
1124 Pattern Plate Swirls - Karen Burniston
1042 Spinner Square Pop Up - Karen Burniston
1038 Tropical Scene - Karen Burniston
1024 Car & Dog (bone) - Karen Burniston
White, blue and navy card stock
Sketch - Freshly Made Sketches #8
Handmade card stamp on the back - Riley & Company
Just Saying' - Riley & Company
Policeman Riley - Riley & Company
Dog named shark - Riley & Company
Sparkly enamel dots - EK Success
Prismacolor Pencils
Gamsol & Blending Stump
Sakura white gel pen
White pearl card stock
Paw print stamp - Lucky Dog, Paper Smooches
Blending Brushes - Taylored Expressions

Card size - Standard A2 (5.5 x 4.24")

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable! Thank you for bringing my first smile and laugh this morning! Plus, I really love the look of ocean waves you achieved by using the pattern plates die cut as a stencil... so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your use of the swirls on this card and totally agree with that sentiment haha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!