Thursday 11 June 2020

Swan-derful Slimline New Release Card


Hello crafty friends ...

Today is the day that the New Release is available in the Your Next Stamp online store (at 11am EST) !! It's a really fun release - and the team has been sharing lots of previews this week. For something different, we are having an Instagram Hop instead of a Blog Hop and if you are on Instagram, we'd love to have you join us! And be sure to check out the Your Next Stamp Blog for more information!


I used the sweet new stamp set called "Swan-derful" for my Slimline card today. While using an inked backdrop is out of my comfort zone, I do like the way the lovely swans take centre stage on it. Boy, do I ever love those swans and I can't wait to play with them some more. There is such a great variety and some good sentiments too. If I had to pick a favourite stamp set from this release, the Swan-derful set would be it! But please, don't make me choose.


I used Catherine Pooler inks and Taylored Expressions blending brushes to colour a white panel to give the impression of a sunset. When I was happy with the panel, I spritzed the panel with water then lifted the colour from the wet spots with a rag. I knew I wanted 'water' at the bottom as a place to add the two swimming swans.


Inside, I added another inked panel - this one slightly lighter, and a few more images from the Swan-derful stamp set. The inside sentiment is from the new Positive Affirmations set and I really like how well the two sets worked together.



Remember there is free shipping on all Canadian and USA orders!



Supplies:
Swan-derful - Your Next Stamp (New Release)
Swan-derful Die Set - Your Next Stamp (New Release)
Positive Affirmations - Your Next Stamp (New Release)
Bristol Smooth Card Stock
Catherine Pooler Dye Inks
Blending Brushes - Taylored Expressions
White card stock
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Copic markers
Posca White Paint Pen
Black marker
Sakura white gel pen

Card size:  8.25 x 3.5", fits in a #10 Business Envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!