Tuesday 21 January 2020

Woven Basket Box Card for a 99th Birthday

Hello crafty friends ...

Today I'm sharing the birthday card I made for a friend's Mother, who is turning 99 this year! I chose Karen Burniston's Woven Basket Box Pop Up to make this lovely 3-D card that folds completely flat for mailing.

I have a short video for you so you can see the card in action. You can see the video larger or even full screen, by checking it out on my YouTube Channel HERE.


Since it had been awhile since I'd made one of these, I went to the website to re-watch the assembly video. At the end of the video, Karen B features cards from the Design Team and I really liked the one Kelly Booth had made with the flaps on the outside of the basket, and a ribbon bow tucked inside. That was my inspiration for how I assembled this one.


The photo above and the photo below both show the Woven Basket in the flat, folded position.


I added a lot of dimensional bling, since the card was being hand delivered. If you kept the flower centres flat the card would likely mail for a single stamp.


I added the numbers to an acetate strip after the card was assembled, and never thought to also check that it would still fit in a 5 x 7" envelope. Nope - I had adhered it too high. Rather than pull it off and re-attach lower, I found this Hallmark envelope in my stash - 8-1/4 x 5-3/4.  A card stock panel was adhered inside envelope to stabilize it and give the flowers support while the card is in the envelope.



Supplies:
1080 Woven Basket Box Pop Up - Karen Burniston
Kraft, green, pink and white card stocks
Make up brushes
1026 Flowers and Bee - Karen Burniston
1059 Autumn Elements - Karen Burniston
Bling - Queen & Company and Recollections
1030 Happy Birthday
Copic Marker
Sakura black glaze and white gel pens
Stickles
1104 Triple Flip (scalloped rectangle) - Karen Burniston
1031 Numbers - Karen Burniston
Acetate
Craft wire
Seam binding
Washi Tape
Card size - 6 x 5.5"

Thanks for stopping by today

3 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!