Tuesday 7 January 2020

'Make it Rain' Gift Card Holder

Hello crafty friends ...

Today I'm sharing the Gift Card Holder I made for my brother's birthday. I used those colourful card panels with matching envelopes I mentioned in a previous post and this fun 'Make it Rain' stamp set from Your Next Stamp. No matter how I tried to edit the photos the orange kept showing up as NEON - so I had to lower the saturation.


Back when I ordered the stamp, I also ordered the die and I'm so glad I did - look how it cuts out the middles!




To make the pocket that holds the gift card, I actually used a scrap of patterned paper from the package - it was already cut in this shape. I just lined up the YNS Stitched Rectangle die and ran it through my die cutting machine, which cut off a sliver from the bottom and left edges and gave me the nice stitched line. If I weren't using the scraps, I would have made it fit across the bottom edge but I was happy to find a good use for this leftover piece. It holds the gift card the same as it would if it were larger.


TIP - I prefer to adhere gift card pockets with wet glue rather than double sided adhesive, as sometimes the tapes don't hold quite as well and the gift card slides and gets stuck in the adhesive. Not a problem with glue as long as you give it a minute or two to dry.




One more look at the front of the Gift Card Holder ... and I have to say my brother got a big kick out of this happy, cash holding doggie.




Supplies:
Neenah card stock (for stamping)
White card stock
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Chameleon Color Tone and Color Top markers
Sakura white gel and sparkle pens
Carlton cards orange post card and envelope
Patterned paper - All About a Boy, Echo Park
Circle dies - Hero Arts

Card size - 4 x 5.25" (slightly smaller than a standard A2)


Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!