Monday 20 January 2020

Woodsy Balloon Birthday Cards

Hello crafty friends ...

It's Masculine Card Monday here on my blog, and today I'm sharing a dozen birthday cards I made to donate to my Mom's old nursing home. I had one sheet of this cool balloon/woodgrain patterned paper and thought a One Sheet Wonder template would be a great way to use it.


I will add three a month to my donation bags, as I like the residents to feel special and don't usually add more than two or three of a single design each month. Once I had the cards assembled and it was time for the greeting & decorating, I kept it fairly simple and chose four different greetings for the card fronts. 


These first three have a YNS greeting that was cut with a fishtail banner and popped up with foam tape. I also chose three embossing folders for the background layers, depending on how much of the background would show. I inked many of the embossed backgrounds with Distress Oxide inks.




The second group has this fun Happy Birthday die by Penny Black. It had been on my Wish List for over a year, and I did finally purchase it back in November. The extra balloons are a punch by Stampin' Up.




This next trio got the YAY with shadow die cut and a couple of punched balloons.



Finally, the last three cards got a greeting from the Simple Strips Birthday stamp & die.



Once I had these cards finished  I decided to order one more sheet to have on hand. What a great patterned paper for masculine cards! Plus, I love balloons, ha ha. 


Supplies:

One Sheet Wonder Template - MacKenzie Makes on Pinterest
Patterned paper - Scrapbook Customs, His Birthday
Kraft, mint green, blue and white card stocks
Beige astroparche card stock
Happy Birthday die - Penny Black
Stitched Fishtail Banner die - Your Next Stamp
Let's Celebrate - Cool Tag Banner Sentiments, Your Next Stamp
Various embossing folders
Fun foam
Balloon punch - Stampin' Up
Yay die - the Stamps of Life
Sakura white gel pen
Small fishtail banner die - MFT Stamps
Simple Strips Birthday, stamp and die - Taylored Expressions
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Words inside - Ombre Sentiments Birthday - Papertrey Ink


Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!