Tuesday 7 January 2020

Valentine Surprise Ball Pop Up

Hello crafty friends ...

It's time for the first Karen Burniston Designer Challenge of 2020, with the theme of  "HEARTS - incorporate hearts into a card of any theme".


I decided to make a Valentine for our son and his girlfriend, and took the opportunity to finally use up this kraft, red, pink and white patterned paper. I also chose the new Surprise Ball Pop Up - I can't wait to see their faces when they open this card!




The video's on Blogger are quite small, but if you click over to my YouTube Channel you can view it larger or even full screen! Click HERE to go to the video.


I really liked team mate Sandy Diller's idea of holding the Surprise Ball closed with a belly band so that is what I did here. The Happy Valentine's Day was die cut and adhered to a Katherine Label label die then the label was adhered to the belly band in the centre only. When you slide off the belly band, the card starts to open on it's own. I could have probably used two knots on this elastic band (#16) instead of the single knot to tighten up the seams a little, but I'm happy enough with how it looks & works.




The 'love you' was die cut from gold pearl card stock and adhered to a red heart doily along with a couple of gems.




I have a whole bunch of 3-D stickers etc from a few years ago when I found them on clearance after Valentine's Day. But since I have so many of them, I don't buy any new Valentine's stuff! I did manage to finish off one of the 3-D sticker sheets on this card, so that made me happy. Since I'm hand delivering the card, I added this (bulky) rosette on the top. I love how it looks!






I have had this patterned paper for several years and while I liked it I'm soooo tired of using it year after year for my Valentine's cards. I have used almost all of it and the remaining scraps just went into recycling after I was finished this card. Done.


I hope you will check out the rest of the Design Team ... their blogs are linked on the right. Karen Burniston will have her post on her blog tomorrow (Wednesday). 


Supplies:

1117 Surprise Ball Pop Up - Karen Burniston
1011 Katherine Label Pop Up - Karen Burniston
1114 Happy Valentine's Day - Karen Burniston
1083 Word Set 9 Love - Karen Burniston
Kraft card stock
Patterned paper - Recollections
Accordion folded heart element - Recollections
Stickers - Recollections
Happy Valentine's Day Banner - Recollections
Bakers Twine
Brad
Elastic Band #16
Doily - Recollections
Gold shimmer card stock
Bling - Jelly Gems, Queen & Company

Card size.- 5 x 5", fits in a 5 x 7" envelope (hand delivering anyhow)



Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. Love this and I have older paper to use also. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to miss not seeing that paper, awesome card

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!