Wednesday 22 January 2020

Accordion Shaker Zip Gift Card Holder

Hello crafty friends

While we wait for the brand new i-crafter blog to get up and running, today I'm sharing my Inspiration Team project here on my own blog.

I like gift card holder dies, so when Lynda Kanase came up with this Zip Gift Tag die I thought it was very cool. For my project today, I combined it with a shaker element in an accordion card format which is sure to make your gift card a little more special!




The video's on Blogger are quite small, but if you click over to my YouTube Channel you can view it larger or even full screen! Click HERE to go to the video.



Below is the Gift Card Holder fully open - the shaker is on the left, the Zip Gift Tag is in the centre, and a signing block is on the right.



The 'For You' die is included with the Zip Gift Tag and here I cut it from a fishtail banner that is backed with black card stock to make the words pop. NOTE - you add the gift card to your project BEFORE you adhere the Zip Gift Tag! The recipient pulls back the zipper to access their gift card.  



I wrote 'pull back' with a glaze pen.





Since people like to know what size my cards are, I generally post that and the end of the supply list. This time however, I forgot to measure it! This project was on display at the i-crafter booth at CHA and I was in a time crunch to get it in the mail.



Supplies:
222010 Zip Gift Tag - Lynda Kanase, i-crafter
222045 Heart Hands Wiper Insert (Heart & Love dies) - Lynda Kanase, i-crafter
White, red and black card stocks
Acetate
Sequins and Seed Beeds - my stash
Rectangle dies - Hero Arts
Seam binding
Black marker
Fishtail banner - MFT Stamps (easy enough to cut & notch by hand)
Patterned paper - Doodlebug Designs (double sided & I used both sides)
Sakura white gel, clear glaze and black glaze pens


Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!