Monday 6 January 2020

Four Cactus Birthday Cards

Hello crafty friends...

It's Masculine Card Monday here on my blog, and today I'm sharing a set of four birthday cards I made to donate to my Mom's old nursing home. I love the 'loosey goosey' sets that Stampin' Up has offered the past couple of years - and of course I had to get this Flowering Desert set when it came out last year. 




I did all the stamping on smooth white card stock with dye inks, then added a little smoosh of ink with a finger dauber and yellow ink to represent the sun. The stamped panels were die cut with a stitched rectangle die then matted with turquoise. I had fun picking patterned papers to go behind the cards, and what sentiments to add to the card fronts with the Simple Strips Birthday stamp & die from Taylored Expressions.




The insides were all done similarly.




This panel ended up working better in a landscape format ...






Supplies:

White, teal and kraft card stocks
Stitched rectangle dies - Your Next Stamp
Cactus stamps - Flowering Desert, Stampin' Up
Patterned paper - Succulent Serenity, Lynda Kanase (retired)
Clear embossing powder
Sentiment Strips Birthday stamp and die - Taylored Expressions
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Words inside - Lots of Birthday 2 Stamp, the Stamps of Life

Card sizes - all, standard A2 (4.25 x 5.5")



Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!