Thursday 23 January 2020

Chinese New Year Card

Hello crafty friends

Today I'm sharing a fun card I sent to a friend for the Chinese New Year.



The video's on Blogger are quite small - remember you can always see them larger on my YouTube channel HERE.

I don't have any rat stamps or dies, but I thought this cute mouse from Karen Burniston would work instead, and I had fun positioning the mice around the die cut numbers.


Inside, the Happy Chinese New Year is animated with Karen Burniston's Rockin' Rectangle .


I stamped the YNS Circle Bursts randomly around the kraft interior, and added one Circle Burst die cut backed with gold. Oh, and there are sparkly glitter dots added as well - this card has much more sparkle than you can see in the photo.



I would say that  Rockin' Rectangle die set is one of my favourite KB die sets - it's so versatile! And I generally use it in the standard format, but when you change up the orientation you get a completely different look.


Supplies:
Kraft, pink and black card stocks
1061 Christmas Animals - Karen Burniston
Coloured pencils - Prismacolour
Black pen
Sakura black glaze, white gel and gold gel pens
Chalks - Stampin' Up
Q-tip
Origami paper - VERY old, from my stash
Alpha - Sizzix BigZ (old)
Gold shimmer card stock
1078 Rockin' Rectangle Pop Up - Karen Burniston
Happy New Year die - Stephanie Barnard, the Stamps of Life
Flat Sequins - the Rabbit Hole 
1011 Katherine Label Pop Up (hearts) - Karen Burniston
Circle Burst stamp and die - Your Next Stamp
Glitter Dots - Elizabeth Craft Designs

Card size - 5 x 5.5", fits in a 5 x 7" envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!