Wednesday 29 January 2020

Trifold Maze Valentine Card for i-crafter

Hello crafty friends ...

For my i-crafter Inspiration Team post today, I have a fun Trifold Window card to share. The new Heart Maze is a fun die set, and I hope you've been enjoying what the team has been creating with it. Since I've been doing a number of Trifold cards lately, I thought the large size of the maze die would work well with a window Trifold and I'm so happy with how this card turned out!

Note - for information on purchasing products from i-crafter outside of the USA, see the end of my post.

Below you can see the card as it looks when it comes out of the envelope, with a circular window showing a maze through it.


The videos are quite small on Blogger, so if you'd like to see it larger, please check out my YouTube channel HERE.




The windows have acetate sandwiched between the opening and the patterned paper layer so they really do look like a window. The patterned paper has lovely gold foiled bits too.


When you open the card, you then see the maze is shaped like a heart and there is a second heart shaped window. I used the coordinating die included with the Heart Maze to cut this window. The adorable key and lock dies are also included and I kept the fallaway hearts from the key to decorate the card further.


Since there is a coordinating stamp set, I used that for the greeting on the left panel. This is the Valentine card I'll be giving my hubby.


Finally, when the card is fully open you see that there is also a gold key adhered to the second acetate window.


I did a lot of outlining with a gold gel pen throughout the card - I like how this makes images POP and it's something I do a fair bit.


Right now, i-crafter is still set up as a company that only sells to people in the USA. Even myself, who is on the Inspiration Team, cannot purchase from them directly! Lynda continues to work on changing that, but meanwhile we just received the news that Simon Says Stamp will soon be carrying the i-crafter line!!! Huge news, people!  AND it means more than reasonable shipping to Canada and to many other places across the globe. Woo hoo!

Supplies:
222031 Heart Maze - Lynda Kanase, i-crafter
222032 Amaze Me stamps - Lynda Kanase, i-crafter
Black and white card stocks
Patterned paper - Recollections (several years old)
Black square envelope
Circle die - Hero Arts
Acetate
Gold foil card stock - Stampin' Up
Bling It On Sparkly Gumdrops - Your Next Stamp
Sakura gold gel pen

Card size - 5 x 5", fits in a 5 x 7" envelope for mailing if desired, or a square envelope which would require extra postage or can be hand delivered.

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. Start with acetate and you've already got my attention. The video does a great job of showing the effect of opening each section of the trifold. I like that you used different shapes for each window.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!