Tuesday 31 December 2019

Happy New Year Pop-Up Card

Hello my crafty friends

I have some exciting news to share in the New Year. I've known since October, but am not supposed to share any details until the middle of January. There is a BRAND NEW company that has asked me to be on their Design Team, and they will be launching at CHA in Phoenix. I'll know closer to that date when I can share more information on the company and what they offer. Meanwhile, I'm having a blast playing with their dies. (The stamps are still enroute to me).

I also have been asked to be on the Design Team of one of my favourite stamp companies, and I can officially share that news tomorrow. 2020 is going to be a creatively exciting year for sure!!!

Onto my card, I actually had this card made early in the year - but didn't want to post it in late January when I received the Happy New Year die so have been hanging onto the photos until now. I had been excited about the Happy New Year die that Stephanie Barnard came out with at the end of 2018 and cut it out of black glossy card stock for some holiday shine.



The patterned paper was given to me by a friend, and it has embossed and sparkly bits on it. The ribbon is also sparkly so I was happy with how festive the card turned out.



Inside I used Karen Burniston's Cupcake Pop Up and camouflaged the cupcake portion with a fussy cut firework spray.



In the photo below you can see all the sparkle in the photo.



Finally here is a side view so you can see the pop up a little better.



This will be the first year I won't be sending a Happy New Year card to my Mom, which feels strange and sad.

Supplies:
1008 Cupcake Pop-Up - Karen Burniston
1067 Celebrate - Karen Burniston
Patterned paper - Creative Imaginations
Black card stock
Red Bazill card stock
White glimmer card stock - Stampin' Up
Black sparkle ribbon - Stampin' Up
Black and silver foil card stocks - Tonic Studios
Happy New Year dies - the Stamps of Life
Scalloped rectangle - Honey Bee Stamps
Stitched Star dies - the Stamps of Life

Card size - 4-1/2 x 6"

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!