Thursday 26 December 2019

Wreath Shaker Christmas Card

Hello my crafty friends

I know that Christmas 2019 is over, but since I didn't post anything yesterday I figure I can get away with posting one more Christmas card this year.  I really wanted to play with the North Pole Shaker Kit one more time and this is what I came up with.

I used a sketch for the layout and I have to say I will likely use this one again. I really like it! Of course the sweet prints that come in the North Pole paper pad help because they coordinate so well.



In addition to the filler that came in the kit, I also added some Q & Co 'diamonds' for a bunch of sparkle.



I made several birthday cards that I will be sharing next month, and cut narrow fish tail banners from double sided patterned paper. Then I folded them in half and stapled them to the inside sentiment panel. I quite liked that look and plan on doing it more on my cards. It's a great way to get a pop of colour inside and carry the pattern through from the front. For this card, I had two small scraps that I trimmed into fish tail banners and stapled those instead.


I have several other (older) Queen & Company shaker kits that I look forward to playing with in the New Year.

Supplies:
Red confetti, white and green card stocks
North Pole Shaker Kit - Queen & Company (if not listed, then the supplies come from the kit)
'Diamonds' filler - Queen & Company
North Pole Outline Dies - Queen & Company
Seam Binding
Circle dies - Hero Arts
Scallop circle - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Simple Strips Christmas, stamp and coordinating die - Taylored Expressions
Stamp inside - Mingle All The Way, Stampin' Up (retired)
Tiny Attacher - Tim Holtz
Sketch - May 2018 Viva La Verve
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Copic markers
Fineline markers

Card size - Standard A2 (4.25 x 5.5")


Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!