Tuesday 10 December 2019

Christmas Cards, Moose and Shaker Card Duo

Hello my crafty friends

I have to say, I'm really loving the shaker kits from Queen & Company these days. I don't even need any more Christmas cards this year, since I have all the ones I made last year for my Mom to send this year. No point in letting them go to waste, so I added them to my Christmas Card box and sent them out with our Christmas letter this year.


This card trio actually started with the snowflake background. I cut it from a red A2 panel, reserving the fall away snowflakes to use on other projects, then wanted to see what it looked like mounted to a card blank. Then I had this piece of buffalo plaid paper so I added a pearlized snowbank to it and finally just sat down to finish the card.


The moose punch is all glittery from a Wink of Stella pen!


Inside the card, I added a couple of the fall away snowflakes, and a stamped greeting from the North Pole Shaker kit. Then another punched moose and this card was finished. But there were still some red snowflakes sitting on my stamping table and I was itching to play with the shaker pieces in the kit.


So ... I made a second card!


The North Pole piece is actually part of a sign, but I cut away the pole to make it an element, then added the die cut bow that comes in the kit. The kraft heart was sitting on my stamping area from a different project. The kraft chevron background die looks so good with the white card stock and red snowflakes! Of course, I'm using a lot of kraft card stock these days so that shouldn't have surprised me.


The remaining fallaway snowflakes from the first background panel were added inside the card with a stamped greeting.


I wasn't ready to stop yet so made another shaker card using the North Pole kit. This Santa hat is so cute! The brim and pom pom were cut from white pearlized card stock for some shimmer and shine.


Inside I added another hat, and the stamped greeting on layered banners.


Into my stash for next year, unless something comes up where I need another card to bring to a party or something.

Supplies:
White, black, kraft and red card stock
Buffalo plaid patterned paper - Cartabella
North Pole Kit and outline dies - Queen & Company
Rectangle dies - Hero Arts
Various filler, sequins and shaker bits
White shimmer card stock
Stitched Large Fishtail Banner dies - Pink & Main
Tiny Snowflake stamp - All Tucked In Christmas, Taylored Expressions
Stitched Fishtail Banner dies - MFT Stamps
Moose punch - Stampin' Up
Snowflake background die - the Stamps of Life
Fishtail Banner die - MFT Stamps
Spectrum Noir pen
Chevron background die - the Stamps of Life

Card sizes - all, standard A2 (4.25 x 5.5")

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!