Friday 13 December 2019

Rainbow Trees Christmas Pop Up Card

Hello my crafty friends

It's Fun Fold Friday here on my blog and I have an easy Pop Up card to share today. I went through my 'In Progress' bin looking to see what holiday cards needed to be finished. I found an envelope with a DOZEN of these pretty green pearlized panels that had been embossed using an embossing folder. I probably started them when I received the green pearl card stock several years ago and didn't get them finished that year. So into the bin they went and remained.


So - time to use them on cards! I used to make all of my Mom's cards for her, she didn't want to send her friends just a store bought card, so these panels were likely going to go on cards for her. I sure do miss her, and her enthusiasm for my crafting.







It's hard to capture the dimension from the embossing folder in photos - the green pearl card stock is nice and heavy and the image is deeply embossed and so pretty. 




I had this fun 12 x 12" sheet of rainbow trees in my stash, so decided to make a bright and happy card for the holidays using Karen Burniston's Evergreen Pivot Panel.



This is a great stash buster - I was able to use scraps for all of the trees! The stamps didn't fit, so I snipped it into two pieces. It's easy enough to line up on an acrylic block or the MIST when I want to use them as a single stamp. I also trimmed out the top centre fold of the Pivot Panel - just a little, to show more of the rainbow trees that were glued onto it.



Finally, here is a top view as people like to look at these Pivot Panel cards from the top to see how they all fold in. I didn't use any foam tape on this card and it folds up nice and flat and will easily fit in a standard A2 envelope and mail for a single stamp.



After I made the first Rainbow Tree Pop Up card, I looked at the rest of the rainbow tree patterned paper and the scraps of coloured card stock on my stamping area and decided to go ahead and use those up with two additional cards! The first one is for a friend who loves bright and happy colours, and the others will end up in my bin to mail out this year.



I still have nine of the embossed green pearl panels left so you might be seeing them again before I'm done my cards for the year.


Supplies:

Great pearl card stock, embossing folder - stash
White card stock
Tree patterned paper - Really Rainbow Christmas, Lawn Fawn
1062 Evergreen Pivot Panels - Karen Burniston
Merriest Wishes - Snowglobe Sentiments - MFT Stamps
Sakura white gel pen
1101 Home Sweet Home (stitched oval) - Karen Burniston
Sending Joy - Merry Messages, Lawn Fawn
White embossing powder

Card size - Wide A2, 5.5 x 4.25"



Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!