Monday 16 December 2019

Westie Gift Tags

Hello my crafty friends

I love getting out my older dies - especially when they will work just perfectly for a project. This BigZ die is one I've had for years and I wanted to use it for making our friends a set of Westie Gift Tags. They have two adorable West Highland Terriers. 



I cut the dogs twice, the top layer is from white shimmer card stock and the back layer is kraft. They were attached together with foam tape, and that allowed me to secure bakers twine in between the layers so they can tie the tags onto  packages. I used big shiny brads for their eyes, and added glossy accents onto the black noses.



I had made Scottie dog tags several years ago but couldn't find the template I'd made for the little coat so I went ahead and made another one. I was able to use up a whole bunch of foiled scraps in a paper package for their little jackets!



On the back side, I adhered a scalloped oval with a To & From stamped, and also a little holly.






Supplies for tags:
White shimmer card stock
Kraft and black card stocks
Dog, Scottie W/Bone - BigZ die - Sizzix
Patterned paper - lots of scraps from my stash, smaller pieces from different paper pads
Black brads - Recollections
Stitched Mini Scallop Ovals - MFT Stamps
To & From - Gift Tag Greetings, MFT Stamps
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Bakers Twine
Seam Binding
Glossy Accents

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. Adorable gift tags! I really like your idea of using foam tape to attach the back side, allowing space for threading the cording instead of punching a hole. Hope I can remember to try this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!