Saturday 28 December 2019

Monochromatic Moose Birthday Cards

Hello my crafty friends!

A few months ago, I ordered what was called an 'A2 sized' card set. There were brightly coloured panels/post cards and coordinating envelopes. I thought they would be great for the cards I donate to my Mom's nursing home so ordered them. Well they are actually smaller than A2, so I was very disappointed.

But after some thought I decided not to return them. One, the price point was really good. Two, they are only 1/4" smaller than standard A2 ... so the envelopes hold a card that is 5.25 x 4". That is still easy enough to use and not too small to give the seniors. I  did know that the panels were not folded cards, and I had planned on using them as matting layers which I can still do. Especially when I realized that they are proportionate to A2 cards so my rectangle dies will still work perfectly. So, wanting a quick break from the frenzy of gift wrapping, tidying up for company etc before Christmas I ducked into the craft room and made these three cards.



They are sweet and simple - I don't often do CAS cards but that is what appealed to me when I was making them. I die cut the coloured panels with a stitched rectangle die, then punched a moose out of the lower right corner of each panel. I actually really liked the cards with the white card base showing through the moose opening but in the end I decided to add the moose pieces back into the openings with foam tape for some dimension.

I stamped the greeting and sentiment inside in coordinating colours, and die cut the greeting with a stitched fishtail banner. That was also popped up with foam tape. I tried a twine bow on the moose to dress up the card a little, but didn't like it. I added some small circles to see if Nuvo or Gum Drops would look good - they didn't. So in the end I decided to just go with the clean and simple look. The matching envelopes help elevate the cards a little.



The sentiment inside all three are the same, just stamped in coordinating colours.



Looking at these photos, if I were to make this design again I would move the greeting on the banner all the way to the right, then tie some coordinating coloured bakers twine around the left end. At least, I would have a look at doing that - no way I'm peeling up the banners on these three as they are stuck down good. Ha.

Supplies:
Card panels and matching envelopes - American Crafts
White card stock
Moose punch - Stampin' Up
Fishtail banner - MFT Stamps
Happy Birthday To You stamp - Cool Tag Sentiments, Your Next Stamp
Stitched rectangle die - Your Next Stamp
Inside greeting stamp - In and Out Birthday, Taylored Expressions
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia

Card size - 5.25 x 4"


Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. glad you were able to make these work after all .... look great

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!