Wednesday 14 August 2019

Two Seashell Birthday Card

Hello my crafty friends

It's been a rough go around here the past couple of weeks. I had to go off of my RA medication before a dentist appointment last month, to give my immune system a fighting chance to help me recover. The appointment ended up being worst case scenario and after a two hour battle with my tooth the dentist sent me home to rest up while they sent my file to an oral surgeon. Who would see me on August 15th. The stress from the trauma sent my RA into a tailspin and I've been in a lot of pain. With a lot less mobility. Got a call a few days later from our eldest who had fallen and badly injured her ankle. She needed help getting to the hospital for X-rays and I couldn't even drive to go help her. Talk about dark moments! My hubby is also my Hero, and he booked it out to the farm to get Heather some help and look after the grandkids until her hubby could get to them.

Every day I woke up worse than when I went to bed, and finally last Tuesday I called the Oral Surgeon to ask to be placed on a cancellation list. They had just had one for that afternoon, so once again hubby came home from meetings early so he could get me to my appointment. The surgeon and his team were really nice, and I was in and out of there within a 1/2 hour. He didn't give me antibiotics, since I had just finished the ones from the dentist and the Rheumy said if there is no infection and things are healing well I could go back on my meds the following week.

Which would have been yesterday. I had been quite feverish the week after the first appointment, but not as bad after the second. So ... once I had two nights fever free I went back on my RA medication three days early. I was trying really hard to avoid being confined to bed but with my mobility getting worse every day, that possibility was looming up at me. Which lead to many more dark moments.

Heather's hubby slipped and fell down their front steps while getting her to HER follow up appointment, and once again I was unable to help them. Those dark moments were getting bigger and more frequent - it's awful when you can't look after yourself, let alone be unable to help those you love.

I was able to spend some time in the craft room that week, which is always so good to help take my mind off of my pain. I made these two Birthday cards to donate to my Mom's nursing home, and doing something to 'give back' cheered me up a lot.

Also, instead of being worse every day now I am seeing small improvements as the RA meds get back to work. WHEW.


The seashell note cards are printed on the back and the front, which is always a nice touch. I used that Sandcastle embossing powder on the Happy Birthday To You. I had purchased it and previously used it on a beach themed card and was surprised that it was more of a pearlized gold than sand. So -- might as well use it instead of gold!

I have had the Seashell dies for a couple of years, and cut the base layer from kraft and the detail layer from white pearl card stock.


Inside I added a kraft panel and clear embossed the Make A Wish. I added one more die cut seashell to finish off the cards.




Supplies:
Seashell Note Cards - Recollections
Large Shell dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Kraft and white card stocks
White shimmer card stock - Gina K (old, from my stash)
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Sand Castle embossing powder - Brutus Monroe
Words on front - Honey Bee
Sakura white gel pen
Rounded rectangle dies - Hero Arts
Words inside - MFT Stamps (Probably Retired)
Clear embossing powder
Nuvo Vintage Drops

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. Yikes my friend, you certainly have had a bad couple of weeks, glad you were able to get your tooth sorted earlier than originally thought and your RA is getting back under control. Sorry to her about your DD and SIL too. Glad to see you were able to have a little fun making these fabulous cards. {{{{Hugs}}}} to you all!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!