Wednesday 21 August 2019

Sparkling Seahorse Card Duo

Hello my crafty friends

I had it in my head to try a Clean and Simple card. Which is funny, because I usually don't like making them. I started with some matt coated card stock as I like how crisp the images are on it. By the time I was done, I was surprised by how much longer it takes to make a CAS card than you would expect.

Once I was done with the waves stencil, I grabbed the fish stencil and added some small schools of fish. I first saw that stencil in April and had to wait for it to come back in stock so I could finally get it. I don't know why I like it so much, but I do!


The seahorse (which I've had for a couple of years) comes in two parts, the detail layer and the base layer. For these cards I cut the base layer from a dark blue foil card stock and I love the shine you get when it catches the light. The detail layer was cut from some green glitter paper. 


As shown below, I adhered the seahorse with a paper spring. I really like the dimension this gives!


Here is a peek at the inside, with the stamped words and 'a few' more fish. Ha!


Supplies:
Sea Horse die set - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Green glitter paper - my stash
Dark blue foil card stock - Stampin' Up
Matte Gloss Card stock
Wave Stencil - Simon Says Stamp
Makeup brushes
Fish Stencil - Echo Park
Paper Spring
Cool Tag Banner Sentiments - Your Next Stamp
Stitched Fishtail Banners - Your Next Stamp
White and teal card stocks
Words inside - Make a Fish, Waffle Flower

Thanks for stopping by today

4 comments:

  1. Pretty card Karen, love the background and that seahorse is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous card, love the waves background and all those fish on the inside

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card. Actually love most of you creations. How did you make your paper spring?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is a link to the YouTube video I used to create the paper spring. Thanks for the comment! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnB6wELgrdI&list=LLKOxgY7H_ooBinWEh0FOWvQ&index=20&t=0s

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!