Monday 5 August 2019

Grid Birthday Card with Cactus

Hello my crafty friends

It's Masculine Card Monday on my blog and I have a SW themed birthday card to share today. With all the squares, this card qualifies for the Fun Friday Challenge #119 at Your Next Stamp, where they want to see SQUARES! You can see all the details for the challenge HERE.

I'm so happy with this card! I have wanted a grid die for almost two years, and because of a good crafty sale in February I was finally able to add this one to my collection. I'm having a lot of fun with it, too! While this one isn't by YNS, they do have one in their store.

For my card today I used up some Southwest themed paper scraps and kraft card stock to make my background panel. The die cut cactus & pot, rectangle and Washi Tape Greeting were added with foam tape and I added some clear bling for interest.



Here is a peek at the inside, with a stamped greeting on a stitched panel with a little die cut cactus added to carry the theme through.


I'm sure eventually this one will make it into my Nursing Home donation bag but I have to enjoy it myself for awhile first.

Supplies:
Washi Tape Sentiments and Washi Tape Die  - Your Next Stamp
Large stitched rectangle - Your Next Stamp
Kraft, green and white card stocks
Grid die - Stephanie Barnard, the Stamps of Life
Patterned paper - Recollections
Large cactus die - Concord & 9th
Small cactus die - Stephanie Barnard, the Stamps of Life
Small stitched rectangle - Honey Bee Stamps
Bling - stash
Hooray stamp inside - MFT Stamps

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!