Friday 2 August 2019

Coffee Themed Flip Card

Hello crafty friends

It's Fun Fold Friday here on my blog and today I'm sharing another one of my adaptations to Karen Burniston's new Triple Flip die set. This time I tried using a regular A2 side fold card - up until now people have been only using it in a landscape format.

I was careful placing the die, checking placement from the back and the front of the turquoise chevron panel making sure the far left slot was off the left edge of the paper so it didn't cut. I then added just the coffee cup from the Coffee Cup Pop-Up to the 'centre' flipper, which is now the one at the far left.

To get the coffee cup, I simply trimmed off the excess that I didn't need - the folding tab and the part that wraps around to the back of the cup to attach to that folding tab. Easy peasy - if you try it yourself you will see exactly what I mean as soon as you cut the cup. I cut the cup twice, so I could sandwich the flipper paddle between the cups.

I decorated the front with the circles that are included with the Coffee Cup Pop Up, and added the Crabby til Coffee stamp to the sweet little stitched oval that comes in the new Enjoy the Ride set.


I adore the coffee beans that you can cut from the Coffee Cup Pop Up so added a trio here. I also added a couple of borders from the Border Blends Argyle, and made my scallopy border at the top and bottom using the Nature Edges Clouds.  Some got a white gel pen outline and others got gold.


The words that are revealed when you pull the tab (Funny Bones from Riley & Company) are funny and very true for me! I LOVE my morning cup of coffee!  There was still the slot that cuts with the die for the far right paddle, which is what I covered up with the word panel. I had to careful trimming (a scant 1/16" at a time) to get it to fit behind the coffee cup while not cutting off any of the letters. But it did work and fits perfectly.


I didn't think the inside needed another sentiment, so instead I added a fun Riley the Moose image and a die cut heart.


I have a short YouTube video for you as well, so you can see this card in action. The Triple Flip die set is really fun and proving to be versatile as well.


Supplies:
Kraft, white and brown card stocks
Patterned paper - Snap, Color Vibe - Simple Stories
1104 Triple Flip die set - Karen Burniston
1006 Nature Edges - Karen Burniston
Sakura white gel pen
Sakura gold gel pen
Sakura black glaze pen
W-1 Copic marker
1033 Coffee Cup Pop Up - Karen Burniston
This Morning I Drank Water - Funny Bones, Riley & Company
1090 Border Blends Argyle - Karen Burniston
Catherine Pooler Over Coffee Ink
Crabby Til Coffee - Funny Bones, Riley & Company
1103 Enjoy the Ride (stitched oval) - Karen Burniston
1019 Gift Card Label (hearts) - Karen Burniston
1091 Border Blends Party - Karen Burniston
1054 Rectangle Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
Cookie Riley - Riley & Company
Chameleon Color Tone markers

Thanks for stopping by today

3 comments:

  1. Fun card, thanks for coming up with different ways of using the Triple Flip Die set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Karen! So fun and creative!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!