Thursday 8 August 2019

Aquarium Shaker Card

Hello my crafty friends

Today I'm sharing a card I made to send to a friend who was laid up after an accident. We both ordered the March 2019 Hero Arts Monthly Kit because we loved the theme and I haven't played with mine nearly enough. While I have used the images and sentiments, I had yet to die cut the lovely aquarium that comes with the set. I had a lot of fun making this card and being sure to use the colours I know she enjoys.

I started with this pretty aqua card and envelope, which is larger than the standard A2. The Aquarium die cut is A2 sized (5-1/2 x 4-1/4"). I pulled out a fish stencil and used my inexpensive makeup brushes to make the background on the card front, the envelope and the card inside as well.


The aquarium itself was die cut from black glossy card stock and I love the shine you get from that. I also chose to make it a shaker card, and used really narrow strips of foam tape for some lift. I only did one layer of the foam tape as I didn't need the filler to move around a LOT - just a little shake to make in interactive and fun.


It's hard to capture all the details in photos, but I did a lot of stencilling on the blue panel using different wave stencils from my stash. I stamped images along the bottom using Distress Oxide Inks because they show up better on the dark card stock - and that is what I used for the waves as well. Some white ink bubbles and some splashed water ones too add the illusion of dimension. I used both the white and the gold shimmer paint that Stampin' Up came out with last Christmas for the schools of small fish and added a hologram embossing powder to the jelly fish. I think the jelly fish is one of my favourite images in the whole stamp set! Finally I white embossed the greeting and started to assemble the shaker panel.



Below is a look at the inside. I added orange to just one of the stencilled fish on the background panel for some interest.


Supplies:
March 2019 Hero Arts Monthly Kit, stamps and coordinating dies
White embossing powder
Hologram embossing powder
Distress Oxide Inks
Makeup Brushes
Fish stencil - Echo Park
Waves Stencil - Simon Says Stamp
Stitched Nested Labels - Stampin' Up
White and gold shimmer paints - Stampin' Up
Various shaker elements - my stash
Acetate
White, blue card stocks
Black glossy card stock
Aqua card and envelope - Michaels
Card size - 6-1/2 x 5"
Stardust Gelly Roll Pen - Sakura

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. Glad you finally got to play with this die and love that you turned it into a shaker card. It definitely was a fun kit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!