Friday 23 August 2019

Shiitaki Flip-It Card

Hello my crafty friends

It's Fun Fold Friday here on my blog and I have a Flip-It Card to share today. A friend had been laid up after an accident and I really wanted to go into the city to visit her. However I'd had a dentist appointment that went sideways, and my body reacted to the trauma with a bad RA flare leaving me unable to drive. The next best thing was to make a card to send to her.


It's no secret that I love Flip-It cards, so I pulled out a Stamps of Life exclusive Flip-It die set and a fun stamp set from Your Next Stamp. I hope it made her grin. At first I wasn't crazy about the colouring on the mushroom, but once I added the blue & splashes I was very happy with it. The face is separate from the mushroom, in fact there are several different expression stamps you could use. The shocked one seemed the most appropriate for this card - both for her accident AND the sentiment.

The patterned paper is a stack I've had for several years but I still love to pull it out and use it. There are several sheets with a raised and glossy design so that is what I used for this card.


I wrote her a note on the flip side with a black pen.


Shiitake Happens ..... ahahahaha. If nothing else, it sure made ME smile!

Supplies:
Oh Shiitake stamp set - Your Next Stamp
Black Olive ink - Your Next Stamp
Water colour paper
Zig Clean Colour Markers
Sakura black glaze pen
Sakura white gel pen
Black pen
Fancy Edge Circle Flip-It's, Stephanie Barnard - The Stamps Of Life
Patterned paper - Habitat, Recollections (old, from my stash)
Dot stamp - Stamps by Judith
Sakura gold gel pen
Stitched Fishtail Banner - Your Next Stamp
Kraft card stock
W-3 Copic marker

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!