Sunday 18 August 2019

Four Pretty Foiled Cake Cards

Hello my crafty friends

I purchased this lovely patterned paper from the Clearance Rack at Stampin' Up simply because of the silver foiled areas on the papers. I thought they would make really pretty birthday cards to donate to my Mom's Nursing Home. Ha, I did not need to purchase any paper for this - I have piles of older paper to use up - but there was just something about this paper that appealed to me and the price was certainly right.


There are two 12 x 12" sheets that feature these pretty foiled birthday cakes so I fussy cut a few cakes for my cards today. They were popped up onto stitched circles and I love how the colours match perfectly.


It is SOOO hard to capture the shimmer and shine on these cards. They are way prettier in real life. The stitched fishtail banner was cut from a coral foiled card stock that perfectly matches the coral in the paper. It is shiny and just beautiful stuff - another Sale-A-Bration item that had been available at Stampin' Up.


Inside the cards I added a small fishtail banner (cut from scraps) and stamped the greeting.



Supplies:
Pink and white card stocks
Patterned paper - Stampin' Up
Card, Rounded Circle Drop-Ins - Stephanie Barnard, Sizzix & the Stamps of Life
Stitched circle die - MFT Stamps
Foil card stock - Stampin' Up
Stickles
Words inside - CC Designs
Stitched fishtail banner - MFT Stamps

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. This is why I follow you Woman!! I have Stampin' up paper too, that I also didn't need to buy, cuz I have TONs, and now I have some cute idears on how to USE IT UP!!! *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful cards, love that foiled background paper

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!