Thursday 1 August 2019

Flower Cart Note Card

Hello my crafty friends

I'd like to thank Catherine Pooler for helping me get a proper image with her Midnight (black) ink. I had picked up a few of her dye inks having heard great things about them. I DO really like the coloured inks, but the black was another story. The images stamped just fine and I loved how 'creamy' the ink was. After my first inking I thought "Oh, I have to buy TWO re-inkers for this one". It is meant to work with alcohol markers but as soon as I started to colour my stamped images with Chameleon markers the image was horribly blurred. I tried heat setting them and still got soft, blurry images. I was very discouraged and posted one of my trials on Instagram as part of the 30 day colouring challenge. 

Catherine reached out to me right away, saying that their inks had been formulated to work with their card stock, but if there was a card stock that didn't work with it they wanted to know so they could educate their customers. I was using my standard white card stock from Staples which I have been using for over 20 years with all kinds of inks. 

Then I received a nice package from her in the mail, including a package of their Premium Cardstock Note Cards, two colours of dye ink, and a pretty stamp set called Fresh Cut Flowers with the coordinating dies. Talk about amazing customer service!!! 

Of course I wanted to try the Midnight ink with the Premium Cardstock right away. I stamped two of a few images from the Fresh Cut Flowers set onto one of the note cards and die cut them. Then I pulled out my Chameleon markers, held my breath and started to colour the flowers. No bleeding! No soft image - I took photos so you can see how nice and crisp the images remained. YEAH!!! 


They look like black globs in the photo below, but I went over the dogs eyes and nose with a black glaze pen so they are raised and shiny. The shine doesn't show up in the photo, ha ha but is much better in real life.


My Godmother lives in Ontario, and had been friends with my Mom since they were three years old. Mom was 86 when she passed so that means they were friends for EIGHTY THREE years. Amazing!!! Through thick and thin, across the miles they maintained their fast friendship. My godmother was unable to make it out for Moms funeral last month, and I wanted to send her one of the program cards. So I used the cute images from Catherine Pooler and made a note card.


I used a stencil and several colours of Catherine Pooler inks for the background. The white panel was die cut from one of the Premium Cardstock note cards, as I wanted to see how nicely the coloured inks blended on it. They blended BEAUTIFULLY! I didn't think I had any trouble blending the ink on my Staples card stock but the premium stuff really did make a difference.


I kept the layout really simple - for details I added a brad to the wagon wheel and Nuvo Glitter Drops (clear with a hint of glitter) to the blooms. I liked the pop of black from the die cut 'hello' and the images are popped up with varying heights of foam tape. Again, it's hard to see in the photo but there are three 'enamel dots' for some shimmer & shine, made with the Nuvo Glitter Drops. They do show up in real life as you turn the card and the glitter catches the light.


I am SO much happier with the Midnight ink now - thank you again Catherine for helping me out and for the wonderful goodies.

Supplies:
Fresh Cut Flower Stamps and Coordinating dies - Catherine Pooler
Premium White Card Stock Note Cards - Catherine Pooler
Midnight Ink - Catherine Pooler
Chameleon Color Tone markers
Brad (stash)
Double Stitched Rounded Rectangles - Divinity Designs
Dye inks - Catherine Pooler
Stencil - Pink and Main
Makeup brushes
Black, fusia, teal and white card stocks
1052 Word Set 6 Summer (hello) - Karen Burniston
Stitched rectangle - MFT Stamps
fun foam
Sakura black glaze pen
Sakura white gel pen
Nuvo glitter drops
W-1 Copic marker

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card, good to hear about Catherine Pooler and the ink problem/ solution

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!