Thursday 22 August 2019

Five Bright Square Birthday Cards

Hello my crafty friends

I have had this package of patterned square cards for years. I love getting out older product and using them for birthday cards to donate to my Mom's nursing home. These ones are 5-1/2" square and come with white square envelopes. Because they are being hand delivered at the nursing home, there is no concern about bulk or extra postage for a square envelope. I chose one card in each colour and got to work.


Using a stitched scalloped border die by Karen Burniston I cut the bottom front edge, then added a black card stock strip inside to show through when the card is closed.


Lynda Kanase's Spring Things die set has lots of perfect little dies, so I used layered flowers, greenery and a butterfly for four of the cards.  I added a bird & greenery from the same die set on the fifth card for something different. The Birthday Wishes stamp and Stitched Fishtail Banner are from Your Next Stamp, as are the Gum Drops.


Here is a peek at the inside:


Supplies:
5-1/2" square patterned cards and envelopes - Recollections
Black and white card stocks
1037 Tropical Scene (scalloped border) - Karen Burniston
Stitched frame die - MFT Stamps
Circle die - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Stitched Fishtail Banner die- Your Next Stamp
Washi Tape Sentiments- Your Next Stamp
Spring Things - Lynda Kanase (Sizzix)
Orange, Green, white, teal and pink card stocks
Nuvo Drops - Tonic Studios
Black Glossy card stock - recycled packaging
Pixie Dust Gumdrops- Your Next Stamp
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Leaf dies - MFT Stamps
Words inside - Papertrey Ink

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, love the flower stamp on the inside

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job!! You are so inspirational!! *wink*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!