Sunday 11 August 2019

Happy Birthday Card Duo

Hello my crafty friends

I love to use things up. I was looking through some older patterned papers and spied this sheet in a stack. While I figured it would make a bright and happy birthday card to donate to my Mom's nursing home I needed to make a 5 x 7" card as the image was too big for an A2 card.


I used another portion of the 12 x 12" sheet inside the card, and added the greeting onto a stitched fishtail banner.


That paper pad had several smaller scraps with it, so I pulled out my grid die and die cut those smaller pieces into squares that would fit inside the grid. I was able to use up those scraps and make a second card to donate.


Both cards feature Karen Burniston's Happy Birthday die cut, and this second one has a fussy cut bird and two punched balloons as well. I added Bakers Twine to the bird's beak for a fun detail.


Here are both cards together - they are different enough to both go in the same month's donation bag.


Supplies:
A2 Happy Birthday Card:
Grid die - Stephanie Barnard   :-)
Patterned paper - DCWV (old!)
1030 Happy Birthday - Karen Burniston
Balloon punch - Stampin' Up
White card stock
Bakers Twine
Sakura white gel pen
Dashing rectangle dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Copic marker
Yay! stamp - MFT Stamps

5 x 7" Birthday Card:
Scallop rectangle - Honey Bee Stamps
Pattered paper - DCWV
Cream card stock
1030 Happy Birthday - Karen Burniston
Stickles
Stamp inside - Papertrey Ink
Stitched Fishtail Baner die - MFT Stamps

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!