Monday 1 July 2019

Canada Day Triple Flip Card

Hello my crafty friends

Today I'm sharing another sneak peek of a COMING SOON die set in Karen Burniston's new release which will be shipping mid July. Be sure to ask your local shop to bring in the dies you would like - they can do their pre-orders now.

This is the third Triple Flip card I've made, but I rarely post things here in the same order I made them. Since it's CANADA DAY, I wanted to share this version today but the others will be posted this week.

I kept the card nice and simple - and I was happy with how quickly it made up but there is still lots of oomph! I did this one a little differently than the others, in that I used a narrow cutting pad on the main panel die. That meant it cut the centre with the slots, but not the top and bottom edges. I was able to make a solid A2 sized panel for the card front, an idea I will use again.


I added panels to the front flippers to represent our Canadian Flag. Karen B. added a maple leaf for me in the Autumn Elements, and I like that the veining embosses at the same time you cut the leaf. I also added a couple of white Gumdrops from Your Next Stamp.


When you pull the tab, you see the (new) CHEERS that has been snipped apart to fit on the reverse side of the flippers.


While I usually like a top fold card with the Triple Flip, this one is a wide A2. Inside I stamped Happy Canada Day and added a red gumdrop (enamel dot).


I'll also add a little Youtube video so you can see the card in action!




HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!!

Supplies:
Black, red and white card stocks
1104 Triple Flip - Karen Burniston SHIPPING MID JULY 2019
1059 Autumn Elements - Karen Burniston
Stamps - Michaels
1111 Cheers - Karen Burniston SHIPPING MID JULY 2019
Retro Gum Drops - Your Next Stamp
Tropical Paradise Gum Drops - Your Next Stamp

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. Love this patriotic card. Happy Canada Day to you and your family

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!