Saturday 27 July 2019

C4C494 Masculine Pop Up Birthday Card with Cacti

Hello my crafty friends

It's Saturday and that means a new challenge at the Crazy4Challenges Blog. This month our hostess is Karen Ostergard! Donna K is joining us as our Guest Designer and you can find Donna's blog HERE.   


This is Karen's challenge for the week:  Today is my son's birthday - today's challenge is to inspire us with a masculine birthday card.


I made our nephew a birthday card, and since they live in Arizona I pulled out my SW themed paper stack that a friend knew I'd love and bought for me.

The front has Karen Burniston's new 'HOWDY', and one of the cut-aparts from the paper stack.


Inside I used the new Train Pivot Panel, turned vertically. This gives you a dynamic, generic pop-up with lots of platforms to decorate! 



I used stamps and dies from Taylored Expressions that I had picked up earlier this year. In fact, since I was using a template and my MISTI for the stamping, I stamped & die cut a small stack of the cacti to use on other projects!



Love these little banner dies ...




I also have a short YouTube video so you can see this card in action!


Check out the C4C blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge. We'd  love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C493.

Supplies:
Patterned paper - Recollections
1106 Train Pivot Panel - Karen Burniston
1054 Rectangles Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
Cacti - Can't Touch This stamps and coordinating dies, Taylored Expressions
White, kraft and green card stocks
Banners - Skinny Mini Fiesta Border dies, Taylored Expressions
1097 Farm Edges - Karen Burniston
1100 Howdy - Karen Burniston

Card size - 4-1/2 x 6"


Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!