Tuesday 30 July 2019

Mermaid Tail Birthday Cards

Hello my crafty friends

Today I have two mermaid tail birthday cards to share. I haven't played with this pretty SU mermaid stamp set nearly enough so I got it out again along with the beach background stamps from Tailored Expressions. I had been taking part in a 30 Day Colouring Challenge on Instagram, so coloured up a full mermaid and then just the tail part twice for day 26. I will share the card I made with the full mermaid another day.


The background scene comes with the stamps to create the ocean and beach etc, and also two dies. One cuts a slot among the waves and one cuts a slit. For this card I die cut the slit and inserted one of the mermaid tails. This one has gold gel pen highlights, and of course I also added some sequins for birthday sparkle.



Both of the cards are the same inside ...


The second card has some action to it! I used the slot die cut and added the second mermaid tail using a slider disk. The tail doesn't slide along the track (which will be fun for a different card), but instead the tip of the tail waves back and forth. There isn't quite as much swing as I would like, I probably should have tried it with scrap papers first to get the weight just right. However, it's still sort of fun to tilt the card back and forth and watch that tail wave.


Below you can see the different positions of the mermaid's tail.


While I had the stamps and my MISTI out, I made 6 of these backgrounds and I have put four aside for different cards.

Supplies:
White Bristol Smooth Card Stock
White and blue card stocks
Mermaid - Magical Mermaid, Stampin' Up
Zig Clean Color Markers
water Brush
Prismacolor Pencils
Gamsol & Blending Stump
Sakura gold gel pen
Build a Background-Waves, stamp and die combo - Taylored Expressions
Rectangle dies - Hero Arts
Spinner Disk - MFT Stamps
Happy Birthday - Birthday Banners, Stampin' Up
Fun foam
Sequins
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Nuvo Glitter Drops
Stitched rectangle die - Your next Stamp
Words inside - In and Out Birthday, Taylored Expressions

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. these are mer-mazing .. look forward to seeing your other cards using the background stamp

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!