Thursday 11 July 2019

Engagement Shaker Card

Hello my crafty friends

Today I'm sharing a card I sent to our niece and her new fiancé. Inspired by a card by Kristie Marcotte, I decided make a large shaker using an A2 shaker pouch from MFT Stamps.


I die cut several of Karen Burniston's COMING SOON Happy Hour Charms cut from gold foil card stock. I didn't add the drink layers and simply snipped off the hanging holes before adding them to my shaker. While it's hard to see in the photo I also added a beer mug in there.



Both the Congrats and the hearts come from other Karen Burniston die sets, which are listed in the supply list below. NOTE: the next time I make one of these large shakers, I will adhere some of the larger filler items to the back so not everything falls to the bottom with the sequins and metallic confetti. I added glass micro beads as well, as their weight helps everything 'shake & move' really well.


Supplies:
Gold foil card stock - Stampin' Up
1110 Happy Hour Charms - Karen Burniston (shipping mid July 2019)
A2 Shaker Pouch - MFT Stamps
Sequins, beads and filler - my stash
Stitched Frame die - Lawn Fawn
Patterned paper - K & Company
Stitched Rectangle dies - Your Next Stamp
1077 Word Set 8 Celebrate - Karen Burniston
Stitched Fishtail Banners - Your Next Stamp
1019 Gift Card Label (hearts) - Karen Burniston
Sakura gold gel pen

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous shaker card, love how you used the Charms

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!