Tuesday 16 July 2019

Butterflies and Flowers - using the Train Pivot Panel!

Hello my crafty friends

Today I'm sharing the Birthday Card I made for a special friend. I'm also sharing a new way to use the Train Pivot Panel Pop-Up!

I pulled out some older K & Company papers and embellishments and got to work. Here is the card front, with a pretty acetate frame, a 3-D floral sticker and the Hello from Word Set 6.


The leaves on the patterned paper are also pearlized so there is lots of shimmer and shine on the card.


Here is the inside! Hard to believe I used the new Train Pivot Panel for this card, right? I'm so excited about this idea that I have since made 3 more. One will be shared tomorrow and next week I have two more. I love showing you different ways to use your dies!! Scroll down to the end of my post to see what the card inside looked like before I started decorating.




I added a die cut border to the top edge, using Border Blends Party, then added some purple Nuvo Drops at the end of each of the 'twigs'.


Since the Happy Birthday is bridging a large open area I wanted it to be nice and sturdy. I die cut it three times and adhered them together. Easy peasy, because the Happy Birthday cuts as a single piece!


Thankfully, I remembered to take a quick picture before I started to decorate so I can share that with you all! While you can use this technique with any of the Pivot Panels, the fact that on the Train Pivot Panel the engine portion doesn't fold down to attach to the card interior, gives you a nice area to decorate!

Note, if you do a tall A2 card (which is the minimum size card), your decorative elements need to be a scant 2" tall or it will stick out the bottom of the card. :-)  So an A6 card (4-1/2" x 6") would work better, which is what this one is.


I also did a little YouTube video so you can see this card in action:


Supplies:
Green Bazzill card stock
Patterned paper - K & Company (old, from my stash)
1106 Train Pivot Panel - Karen Burniston
1030 Happy Birthday - Karen Burniston
Cream card stock
Acetate embellishment - K & Company (old, from my stash)
3-D Stickers - K & Company (old, from my stash)
1088 Heart Pivot Panel (stitched heart) - Karen Burniston
1059 Autumn Elements - Karen Burniston
Nuvo Glitter Drops
1091 Border Blends Party - Karen Burniston
White card stock
1104 Triple Flip (Scalloped rectangle and fish tail banner) - Karen Burniston
1052 Word Set 6 Summer (hello) - Karen Burniston

Card size - 4-1/2 x 6"

Thanks for stopping by today

5 comments:

  1. I love seeing all of your cards, but this is absolutely beautiful! Now I need to adjust my order for the train panel pop-up. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty, love the use of the train pivot panels on this card

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. Your card is lovely. I didn't think I would use the train die, but now I'm rethinking that. Will watch for the other cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful idea, what a great way to stretch your dies!! Beautiful card, I love the K&Company embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for this idea!!! My Train Pivot Panel is on the way and already my number one so this really enhances it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!