Tuesday 9 July 2019

Barn Pop Up Card

Hello my crafty friends

I wanted to combine some of Karen Burniston's new release dies with the Farmer Riley & Sophie stamp I've had for ages and this is what I came up with:

I also added the tractor from the new Farm Edges, cut from kraft and then colour was stippled and painted on with dye ink and a wet brush.


The new Home Sweet Home die set is just  ... sweet!


Inside I used more of the new release - the Barn Pop Stand and Howdy. Rather than use the Barn as intended as a Pop Stand, I added it to the Cupcake Pop-Up. The fence is included with the Farm Edges, and the Tractor border makes another appearance but this time the tractor portion of the die was cut again from red card stock and adhered right over the kraft one. I used a marker to colour the tractor wheels.



Farmer Riley and Sophie work perfectly with the Barn Pop Stand! I paper pieced Sophie's dress to coordinate with the barn.  While the doors on the barn are intended to open and close - they just slide along the rails - I chose to adhere them closed on this card.



Supplies:
1096 Barn Pop Stand - Karen Burniston (shipping mid July 2019)
1008 Cupcake Pop-Up - Karen Burniston
Kraft, white, black and red card stocks
Polka dot patterned paper - Simple Stories
Farmer Riley & Sophie - Riley and Company
Prismacolor coloured pencils
Gamsol and blending stump
Sakura black glaze pen
Black fine point marker
Sakura yellow glaze pen
1097 Farm Edges - Karen Burniston (shipping mid July 2019)
Distress Oxide Inks
1054 Rectangles Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
1101 Home Sweet Home - Karen Burniston (shipping mid July 2019)
Nuvo Crystal Drops
1100 Howdy - Karen Burniston (shipping mid July 2019)

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. love,love how you put Riley in ir bardn card!!!! awesome idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet card, love the polka dot barn and sentiments

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!