Tuesday 2 July 2019

Ocean Themed Triple Flip Card, Blog Hop

Hello my crafty friends

Today we are remembering paper crafter Joanne Grzelak, who passed away suddenly on May 25th. Joanne was very active on Splitcoast Stampers and a founding member of the Crazy4Challenges Blog, among others. We are paying tribute to her with a Blog Hop. Since Joanne loved the ocean, I went with an ocean theme for my card today.

I will link all the Blog Hop participants at the end of my post, in case you get lost along the way.

Once I coloured my images with Derwent Water Color Pencils and a water brush, I just knew I wanted to add them to the COMING SOON Triple Flip, a die set in Karen Burniston's new release.


There is some gold foiling on the border strip, I added a gold foil arrow and added some gold gel pen highlights as well.


When you pull the arm the three rectangles flip over and I went with a different colour scheme on the flip side. The adorable stamps are from Pink & Main - I bought them last year at the Mesa Rubber Stamp Show.



I made the card a top folding one, and decorated the inside with a scalloped rectangle, white signing block and a few more images.


Note - this card is also for Day NINETEEN of the 30 Day Colouring Challenge hosted by The Daily Marker.


I will also share a short YouTube video so you can see this card in action!



BLOG HOP:


Supplies:
Patterned paper - Craft Smith
1104 Triple Flip - Karen Burniston, SHIPPING MID JULY 2019
Kraft, white and teal card stocks
Stitched scalloped rectangle die - Your Next Stamp
Gold foil card stock - Stampin' Up
Derwent Water Colour Pencils
Water Brush
Wink of Stella
Stamps - Seas the Day, Pink & Main
Sakura white gel pen
1027 Word Set 4 Just a Note - Karen Burniston
Nuvo gold glitter pen
Sakura gold gel pen
Birthday Fishes stamp - Make a Fish, Waffle Flower
1054 Rectangles Crosshatch - Karen Burniston

Thanks for stopping by today

9 comments:

  1. Love your ocean themed Triple Flip card, thanks for joining us today for our Tribute to Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this amazing interactive underwater masterpiece!! What a sensational creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the flip to the different colour theme. Gotta learn how to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An amazing card to pay tribute to our amazing friend, Joanne. I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This triple Flip card in Joanne's honor would strike right at her sense of humor, and the theme is so her. Great card in tribute, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those little sea creatures on the Triple Flip are too cute! Joanne would have loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card to remember our dear friend. Thanks for playing along today. Joanne would definitely love this!

    ReplyDelete

  8. Karen, I love this so much and know Joanne would have adored it. You got her smiling in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love this project of yours!
    💝 from Africa!
    OlgaB

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!