Thursday 4 July 2019

Rocket Spinner Card

Hello my crafty friends

Today I'm sharing a different way to use the new Rocket Pop-Up die set. I made a flat card, but it's still interactive because the rocket spins and travels around the circle track!


To make the spinner track, first I adhered a piece of the Galaxy wide washi tape to a panel of white card stock, and cut that out with the largest Crosshatch Rectangle. Then I die cut a Crosshatch Circle from that rectangle. I added foam tape to the rectangle, being careful to leave room for a penny to slide easily inside the circle. There is a scant 1/8" width of foam tape on the outer edge of the rectangle by the circle. This was adhered to the front of a deep blue folded A2 card.

I nestled the Crosshatch Circle back into the opening, adhering it directly to the blue card, which gave me a seamless galaxy background with a crosshatch detail on the track. Then I die cut a smaller circle from a Colorburst/Magical Shaker background from my stash and added foam tape leaving 1/4" free around the outer edge. That allows a penny to slide around the track easily. I like to add at least one penny to my sliders as the weight allows the item to slide easier. We don't have pennies anymore in Canada so whenever I visit the US I make sure to save a few for my slider cards. The circle was centred on the Crosshatch Circle and adhered.

I added a small piece of acetate under the window - I like the shine this gives when the card catches the light. I outlined the blue pearl rocket with a silver Sharpie marker for an additional detail.


Here is a peek at the inside ...


I will include a short YouTube video so you can see how the rocket spins and rocks around the track. So fun and a different way to use the dies. Our dies are an investment and I love sharing different ways to use them!




Supplies
Washi tape - Altenew
1054 Rectangles Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
1057 Circles Crosshatch  - Karen Burniston
Slider Disk - MFT Stamps
Penny (a coin)
1105 Rocket Pop-Up - Karen Burniston, shipping mid July 2019
Blue, black and white card stocks
Silver foil card stock
Acetate scrap
Scraps of Colour Burst panel
Color Bursts & Magical Shakers
Silver Sharpie
Black Sharpie
1104 Triple Flip (Fishtail banner and postage rectangle) - Karen Burniston, shipping mid July 2019
Stamps - Queen & Company
Nuro Crystal Drops

Thanks for stopping by today

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!