Saturday 6 July 2019

C4C491 Rooster Birthday Card

Hello my crafty friends

It's Saturday and that means a new challenge at the Crazy4Challenges Blog. This month our hostess is Karen Ostergard! Donna K is joining us as our Guest Designer and you can find Donna's blog HERE.   This is Karen's challenge for the week:

Today is National Fried Chicken Day in the U.S. For today's challenge, create a card with a bird on it.

I was a little torn as to what to use for my card today. Karen Burniston's new release has the Barn Pop-Stand and there is a chicken in the new release as well. But I settled on using this lovely Rooster image from Stampin' Up. I love this set and haven't played with it nearly enough. It is no longer available, but that doesn't stop me from using it!


I coloured the rooster with Chameleon Color Tone markers, and white embossed the greeting onto a fishtail banner. I cut a second banner from teal, cut it in half and added it to the back of the kraft one making sure the teal showed on each end.


Inside I used one of the new Farm Edges (the chicken wire), the tall grass from the same set as the rooster and a stamped greeting.


I actually made a pair of these cards and will be donating them to the nursing home my Mom was in before she passed.


This will also be for Day 22 of a 30 Day Colouring Challenge I'm participating in on Instagram. You can find all the details for the challenge HERE if you are interested.


Check out the C4C blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge. We'd  love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C491.

Supplies:

Stitched rectangle dies - Your Next Stamp
Woodgrain self adhesive vinyl - scraps from my stash
White, kraft, brown and teal card stocks
Rooster stamp - Home To Roost, Stampin' Up (retired)
Chameleon Color Tone markers
Sakura black glaze pen
Fun foam
Prismacolor Pencils
1097 Farm Edges - Karen Burniston, Shipping mid July 2019
Happy Birthday stamp - Taylored Expressions, In & Out Birthday (retired)
Stitched fishtail banner die - MFT Stamps
Nuvo Drops
White embossing powder
Words inside - Stampin' Up, Perennial Birthday

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!