Friday 19 July 2019

Grandparents Day Photo Collage Pop Up Card

Hello my crafty friends

Today I'm sharing the card I made for my Mother-In-Law for Grandparent's Day. While that isn't until September, I learned the hard way to make this one early AND mark my calendar in late August to get it in the mail! Sadly, this is the first time that I won't be making my Mom a Grandparent's Day card ... I sure miss her.


I chose to only use two arms on the Photo Collage, rather than four, and built upon those with layers of rectangles. Each one is decorated with a kid stamp that resembles our five grandchildren. My Mother-In-Law will really enjoy this card! The stamps were coloured as part of a 30 Day Colouring Challenge I was participating in on Instagram (Day 24).


In order to avoid catch points, I die cut the 'love you' from the white semi-circle, saving the centres of the letters. After brushing some ink onto the letters, I inlaid the die cut back into the opening and put the white centres back in their spots. It lays nice and flat and that rectangle on the far right doesn't catch on it at all. Some GumDrops (enamel dots) were added where they wouldn't catch on anything and I like the sparkle they bring to the card. The ice cream also has some shimmer from my Wink of Stella brush pen.


I also have a short YouTube Video so you can see this card in action!



Supplies:
1098 Photo Collage Pop Up - Karen Burniston
Kid and Ice Cream stamps - The Scoop, Pink and Main
Magical Pastel Gumdrops - Your Next Stamp
Derwent Water Color Pencils
Water Brush
Sakura white gel pen
Kraft and white card stocks
Patterned paper - Paradise Beach, Echo Park (Old, from my stash)
Stitched rectangle dies - Your Next Stamp
Black fine point marker
Crayola marker
1057 Circles Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
1083 Word Set 9 Love - Karen Burniston

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!