Saturday 1 June 2019

C4C486 Father's Day Flip-It Card

Hello my crafty friends

It's Saturday and that means a new challenge at the Crazy4Challenges Blog. It's also a new month so we have a new hostess - Rebecca Ednie! Kelly Booth is joining us as our Guest Designer and you can find Kelly's blog HERE.   This is Rebecca's challenge for us this week:


Summer’s here and hopefully we can all get outdoors and into nature. So this week let’s use wood grain on your project. Images, embossing, even real wood paper or veneer shapes.

I had a leftover piece of this wonderful woodgrain patterned paper and there was enough of it to cut the layering panels for a Flip-It card so that is what I went with today.



This little fox from Your Next Stamp is just soooo cute! I added a stamped and fussy cut stump and also a chick from a different YNS stamp set. Those chicks just crack me up. Both were coloured with Chameleon Color Tone and Color Top markers.



Inside I added a stamped axe from the same stamp set as the stump (by Neat and Tangled) and wrote Happy Father's Day above it. The bullrushes were just fun to add on either side, and I added a word bubble that you can see when the card is closed.



I still have a small piece of this patterned paper leftover, so I want to use it up soon on a masculine birthday card for my Mom's nursing home. I love to use things up!

Check out the C4C blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge. We'd  love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C486.

Supplies:

Kraft and White card stocks
Patterned paper - Gone Camping, Carta Bella
Stitched Circle die - MFT Stamps
Circle Flip-Its #4 - Stephanie Barnard, the Stamps of Life
Black Olive Ink - Your Next Stamp
Woodland Cuties, stamps and coordinating dies - Your Next Stamp
Chick stamp - All Aboard Spring Carts, Your Next Stamp
Chameleon Color Tone Markers
Chameleon Color Top Markers
Sakura black glaze pen
Sakura white gel pen
Brown fine point marker
Stump and axe stamps, Lumberjack Love - Neat & Tangled
Word bubble die - Stampin' Up
It's your day stamp, Best Catch - Stampin 'Up (Grass/bullrush die as well)
Wink of Stella


Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!