Wednesday 26 June 2019

Barn Pop Stand ... a Sneak Peek

Hello my crafty friends

I'm happy to be sharing another sneak peek of the COMING SOON new release by Karen Burniston. The new dies will be shipping in just a few weeks, so you can contact your local store to have them place their pre-orders now!

I kept the front sweet and simple, since all the fun is on the inside. But with the chicken wire borders you might have an idea of what is on the inside.


The chicken wire is part of the new Farm Edges, and the Thinking of You is also new. It cuts as a single piece, which makes it easy to adhere to your project.


Here is a look at the card as it is opening ...


... and fully open. YES!!! Karen Burniston has brought back the discontinued Barn Pop Stand, which includes the sliding barn doors. I had so much fun using this set when it was available with the old company and so many customers have been asking that it come back. YAY!!

NOTE:  If you want to see lots more ideas of the Barn Pop Stand, you can check out my Pinterest Board here:  https://www.pinterest.ca/kaicken/cards-barn-pop-stand-kb/

I chose to do a re-make of a card I made back then. The inside of the barn is dark and there is a pair of eyeballs looking out. That card was very popular so people should also like this different way to do it. I will link that card at the end of my post.


The Tractor/hill is another die in the new Farm Edges, and here I backed it with the grass from the Nature Edges to resemble a wheat field. The Howdy is one of the new dies and I'm finding all kinds of cards to use that on.


Below is a close up shot of the barn with the doors open.


The barn doors can slide closed as well ...


The Pig is one of the new animal dies - and I just adore him. I love the shape of his head! The bib and fork are included with the new Chicken, Pig, and lamb die set.


The fence is the third die included in the new Farm Edges, and the hearts I added are from the new Triple Flip die set. They cut three at a time, so I added two inside the card and one on the front.


Click HERE to see the card I made back in 2015, noting that those dies have all been discontinued. It was the idea of the dark inside with eyes looking out that I wanted to update with this card.

I'm including a little Youtube video for you too!



Supplies:
1096 Barn Pop Stand - Karen Burniston (shipping mid July 2019)
Red, black, white, kraft card stocks
1075 Feathered Animals (eyes) - Karen Burniston
Silver foil card stock
Black fine point marker
Sakura white gel pen
1092 Chicken, Pig and Lamb - Karen Burniston (shipping mid July 2019)
Green patterned paper - My Minds Eye (old, from my stash)
1097 Farm Edges - Karen Burniston (shipping mid July 2019)
1006 Nature Edges - Karen Burniston
1104 Triple Flip (inside rectangle and hearts) - Karen Burniston (shipping mid July 2019)
1045 Outdoor Scene (cloud) - Karen Burniston
1100 Howdy - Karen Burniston (shipping mid July 2019)
1055 Ovals Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
1102 Word Set 10, Thinking of You - Karen Burniston (shipping mid July 2019)
Nuvo Drops

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!