Friday 21 June 2019

Adirondack Chair Pop-Up Card

Hello my crafty friends

It's Fun Fold Friday here on my blog and I have a humorous Adirondack Chair Pop-Up card to share today.

As usual, I kept the front nice and simple because all the fun is on the inside. Both the word image and the 'coffee lady' are Funny Bones stamps from Riley and Company. I have a nice collection of them and vow to get them out and USE them more often.


Karen Burniston has assembly videos right on the website, so if you purchase a die set it's easy to watch the assembly video as many times as you wish. I pretty much copied the way she did her palm trees on this card. Why reinvent the wheel, ha ha.


One of the Pop-Up Peeps (Facebook Group for Karen Burniston fans) made an Adirondack chair with a wine glass on the arm by cutting a small slit in the arm and adding a strip of acetate. Thank you Doris Pichler for doing all the figuring out for me! The only thing I did differently, is I cut a second chair front. Just the front legs and bottom edge of the chair, then glued it over the pop-up chair sandwiching the acetate in between the pop-up and the second layer. I just liked the cleaner look of not seeing my acetate strip below the chair arm.


I love this Funny Bones sentiment - I've had it for ages and don't use it nearly enough.


Supplies:
White and kraft card stocks
1071 Adirondack Chair Pop-Up - Karen Burniston
1038 Tropical Scene - Karen Burniston
Dot stamp - Printworks (old, from my stash)
Sakura white gel pen
Brown alcohol marker
1045 Outdoor Scene (cloud) - Karen Burniston
Life is Better - Riley & Company (Funny Bones)
1042 Spinner Square Pop-Up (squares) - Karen Burniston
1089 Rockin' Rectangle Pop-Up (rectangles and sequins) - Karen Burniston
Coffee Keeps Me Busy - Riley & Company (Funny Bones)
Coffee Lady - Riley & Company (Funny Bones)
Patterned paper, Hello Happiness - Taylored Expressions
1073 Wine Charms - Karen Burniston
Acetate scrap
Stickles
Catherine Pooler Inks - Riley & Company
Card size - 4-1/2 x 5-12", fits in an A6 envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. fun card, love the wine glass on the handle of the chair

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!