Tuesday 25 June 2019

Rocket Pop-Up - a Sneak Peek!!

Hello my crafty friends

The Design Team can start to share Sneak Peeks of Karen Burnitson' new release, so that is what I used for my card today. There are such FUN dies in this release!!

I kept the front nice and simple, because the fun is on the inside. There is a great new die set that says "Enjoy the Ride", but this astronaut from the new Space Charms looked like he was waving so I chose the new 'Howdy' instead.  Oh, these Space Charms are going to get a good work out for sure - they are so fun! I simply snipped off the hanging hole to make them card elements, but as charms they will be really cute too. I added the astronaut to the card front with a paper spring for even more fun.


Below you can see the card as it is opening and you get your first peek at the Rocket Pop-Up!!


Ta Da!!! The rocket ship lifts and hovers above the moonscape when the card is opened. I am absolutely crazy about this die set and have LOTS of ideas for it. When I went to make my card, I decided to open my wide 'Galaxy' Washi Tape for it. I've had this tape for months and have yet to use it. Well let me tell you, as pretty as it is, it is really hard to get anything to STICK to it. I finally had to resort to red-liner tape because wet glue was just popping off like the stuff was made of silicone. So ... just a heads up. I will use it for some of my other Rocket ideas, but as backgrounds and not where I have to attach something to it securely as you do with a Pop-Up mechanism. NOTE: I wonder if maybe I wasn't leaving the glue to set long enough on the slick surface of the mechanism. While the tapes lifted off easily, everything is nice and secure now.


I was wondering what I could die cut the moonscape etc from, when I remembered I have several sheets done with Color Burst/Magical Shakers. I pulled one out that I hadn't been keen on but it worked perfectly! I cut the spaceship, stars, moonscape, flames, Howdy, astronaut visor etc all from the one sheet.


It's hard to see in the photo, but I put a small piece of acetate behind the window so it reflects the light when you open the card.


As Karen B. did on her packaging, I added one of the little martian charms into the spaceship charm - snipping the hanging holes off of both. Again - hard to see in the photo but the wide piece of the spaceship is actually silver foiled card stock like on the rocket 'wings'. In the photo below it looks like white!


Finally, here is another view so you can get a look look at the Pop-Up. Have I said how much I like this new Rocket Pop-Up??


I thought you might like to see the Color Burst/Magical Shaker card stock I did my die cutting from. The sheet is 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" (half of a letter sized sheet) and honestly, it was a hot mess on it's own. But I knew I could die cut SOMETHING from the sections I liked so I kept it with the ones I did like.


I have also added a video for you so you can see the pop-up dimension a little better.


Supplies:
1005 Rocket Pop-Up - Karen Burniston - shipping mid July 2019
Blue, white and black card stocks
1054 Rectangles Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
Galaxy Washi Tape - Altenew
Blue Stardream card stock
Color Bursts and Magical Shakers
Silver foil card stock
Transparency scrap
Nuvo Glitter Pen
1009 Space Charms - Karen Burniston - shipping mid July 2019
Crayola marker
1100 Howdy - Karen Burniston - shipping mid July 2019
Silver Sharpie marker
Sakura black glaze pen
Sakura white gel pen
Mission Control stamp  and stars - Space Explorer, MFT Stamps
1089 Rockin Rectangle Pop-Up (rectangle die) - Karen Burniston

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. This card is out of this world! Love this washi Tape,so much quicker than doing a galaxy background

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!