Saturday 29 June 2019

C4C490 Trifold Birthday Card For A Friend

Hello my crafty friends

It's Saturday and that means a new challenge at the Crazy4Challenges Blog. This month our hostess is Rebecca Ednie! Kelly Booth is joining us as our Guest Designer and you can find Kelly's blog HERE.   This is Rebecca's challenge for the week:


Fancy fold cards are totally awesome! This week let’s try a tri-fold card. There are several different types. But they all have at least 2 folds and at least 3 panels.

A few months ago Jennifer McGuire posted a video on 'Window Surprise Cards', which I will link at a the end of my post. While I did my card differently than she shows I liked the way she assembled her tri-fold card so that was my jumping off point.

This card, with the three panels, also works for the Fun Friday Challenge #117, which is to "use three of something".  You can find all the details for the challenge HERE.

I had these 5-1/2" patterned square cards in my stash, so I trimmed two of them down to be 5 x 5-1/2" which will fit in a 5 x 7" envelope. I assembled the two cards as shown in the video, and cut a wavy window from the front of the top flap using one of the Stitched Wavy Circle dies by Your Next Stamp.


The Birthday Wishes & the Washi Tape die are also from Your Next Stamp and I tucked a couple of puffy leaf stickers around the popped up sentiment.


When you open the card you see the second panel, which has a larger window cut from it using the same YNS  Stitched Wavy Circle die set.



Finally, here is the card fully open. I added a second panel inside the right flap to cover an oops, then managed to get a smudge on both the centre and the left panels. So I pulled out a stencil to mask those as best as I could. It was just one of those days, but the card turned out really cute despite the mistakes.


The puffy stickers were adhered to a die cut stitched circle with a hill and clouds sponged onto it, and then I added another Washi Tape sentiment and die cut. The greeting is revealed when you open that second flap, which I thought was fun.


I enjoyed making this trifold card a lot, and look forward to making more!


Click HERE for the link to Jennifer McGuire's video if you are interested.

Check out the C4C blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge. We'd  love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C490.

Supplies:
5-1/2" square patterned card - Recollections
Stitched Wavy Circle Dies- Your Next Stamp
Puffy Stickers - Sticko
Washi Tape Sentiments, Stamps and Dies- Your Next Stamp
Stitched circle die - MFT Stamps
Stencil - Altenew

Card size - 5 x 5-1/2", fits in a 5 x 7" envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!