Thursday 6 June 2019

You're The Best, a Father's Day Card

Hello my crafty friends

I'm playing along with the Fun Friday Challenge #115 "Ombre" at Your Next Stamp. You can find all the details HERE.

While these YNS challenges are open for all products, I usually only enter if I've used supplies by Your Next Stamp. Which is what I've done for today's card. I started by die cutting the Paw Print Panel die from Bristol Smooth card stock, then inked it using makeup brushes and Distress inks (not oxides). I started with a dark blue at the bottom, medium blue in the centre and a lighter blue at the top.

Then I did something different - I backed the panel with thin acetate. I wasn't planning on making a shaker card (although I do have plans for that too), but I really like the shine this gives the card. With the dull colours and simple layout, the acetate really raises the card up a level! Of course, it's also really hard to photograph.


This adorable image was stamped on light grey card stock and I coloured it with Chameleon Color Tone markers and a white gel pen for highlights. The kitty and dog noses are also raised and shiny from the black glaze pen. In the photo below you can also see a little bit of the shine from the acetate behind the Paw Print Panel die cut.


These matte Gum Drops (also a YNS product) were a fun finishing touch after I white embossed a sentiment from their Photo Booth stamp set onto a YNS Stitched Fishtail Banner.


I cut a second Paw Print Panel die to keep as a stencil and used it on the inside panel to tie in the front.


One more picture of the front and I hope you can catch some of the reflection that the acetate gives to the card. I will be doing this again for sure!


Supplies:
Pawprint Panel Die - Your Next Stamp
Black Olive Ink - Your Next Stamp
Purr-Feat Friends stamp - Your Next Stamp
Stitched Fishtail Banner die - Your Next Stamp
Stitched Rectangle die - Your Next Stamp
Photo Booth stamps (You're the BEST) - Your Next Stamp
Nautical Matte Gumdrops - Your Next Stamp
Bristol Smooth Card Stock
Distress Inks
Acetate
Black, White and Grey card stocks
Chameleon Color Tone Markers
Sakura black glaze pen
Sakura white gel pen
Circle die - Hero Arts
White embossing powder
Happy Happy stamps and dies - Lawn Fawn
Water Brush

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!