Tuesday 21 April 2020

'You Are Loved' Valentine Pop Up Card

Hello crafty friends ...

I was packing up the patterned paper from a previous project, and this 'Your Are Loved' cut apart was in with the scraps. I decided to make a pop up Valentine to put away for next year, and pulled out Karen Burniston's Rockin' Rectangle die set. I'm sharing it today rather than holding onto the photos until next February. 

I die cut a large heart shape from the front printed panel then die cut the Happy Valentine's Day from pink recycled packaging. I didn't just glue it into the opening though ...


... instead I adhered the greeting to the white card base, and backed the heart opening with acetate! I just love using acetate on my cards this way, and all the shine it gives your card.



Remember you can always see my interactive card videos HERE on YouTube.


The 'You Are Loved' Journal card from the paper pad fit perfectly on the Rockin' Rectangle and it has glossy bits on it as well. I added a few more die cut hearts, and the XOXO was added to the left side for a little balance.


The white stitched rectangle was sitting on my stamping table from a different project, and since it fit so well I used it on the card for a signing block.


Supplies:
1089 Rockin' Rectangle - Karen Burniston
Patterned paper & cut apart - The Little Miss Stack, DCWV
White card stock
Heart dies - Hero Arts
1114 Happy Valentine's Day - Karen Burniston
Acetate
1083 Word Set 9 Love - Karen Burniston
Valentine Stickers - Pebbles
Puffy heart stickers - K & Company (old, from my stash)

Card size  - Standard A2, 4.25 x 5.5"

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!