Friday 10 April 2020

Octopus Treasure Pop Up Card

Hello crafty friends ...

It's Fun Fold Friday here on my blog and I have a fun ocean themed Pop Up card to share today!

I wanted to have another play with Karen Burniston's new Treasure Chest, so added it to the Cupcake Pop Up, and pulled out both the Sea Animals and the Ocean Animals too.


Remember you can see all my interactive cards on my YouTube Channel HERE!


Once I had cut the Cupcake Pop Up into the patterned card stock, I backed the opening with pieces of the same patterned paper so the kraft backing card doesn't show when you look at the card from the side. It's easy enough to do and does make for a more polished looking finished card.


Once again, I have added a stamped greeting on the underside of the Treasure Chest lid, which you see when you lift it up.

NOTE:  I trimmed the side edges of the back lid piece even with the sides treasure chest base. Also, the tip of the icing part of the Cupcake Pop Up does stick out a little above the treasure chest, which is a good place to add an element if you wish. I chose to trim it off though, so it is just below the top of the closed Treasure Chest.


This is a birthday card for a special friend, and will be hand delivered so I didn't have to worry too much about bulk.

Supplies:
Patterned paper (woodgrain) - Flower Market, Carta Bella
Kraft, red, white, grey, teal and blue card stocks
Arteza glitter pens
Black marker
Yellow polka dot patterned paper scrap
Copic markers
Spectrum Noir Glitter Pen
1068 Ocean Animals - Karen Burniston
White pearl card stock
Charcoal Stardream
1008 Cupcake Pop Up - Karen Burniston
1122 Paper Frames Pop Up (banner & stars) - Karen Burniston
Small stapler - Tim Holtz
Bakers Twine
1119 Cruise Charms - Karen Burniston
1037 Sea Animals - Karen Burniston
White Posca paint pen
1057 Circles Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
Happy Days Mermaids (Happy Fishy Wishes) - Your Next Stamp
Stitched Fishtail Banner die - MFT Stamps
Sea Creature Sentiments - Your Next Stamp
Little Darling Mermaid (shell border stamp) - Your Next Stamp
1030 Happy Birthday - Karen Burniston
Sakura white gel pen

Card size - 5 x 6", fits in a 5 x 7" envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. this card is such a treasure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love nautical and this is so cute for all my grandchildren. Great job it’s so beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!