Monday 27 April 2020

Bear Slimline Thank You Card

Hello crafty friends ...

It's Masculine Care Monday here on my blog, and today I'm sharing a Thank You card I made to send to my brother. My husband and I had been on a 14 day quarantine after returning to Canada in March, and he made sure that we had enough groceries and kept checking on us to be sure we didn't need anything.

I had some of this pretty tree print patterned paper leftover from my Designer Challenge card (which you can see HERE), so that is what I used for the card front. As you can see, I made another Slimline card since I'm enjoying this format lately.


I used the Thank You die from Karen Burniston, cutting it twice from kraft card stock and once from white. After lightly inking the white layer, I adhered the three layers together which gave me a nice sturdy element for the top area of my card.


I've had this bear image for several years - it works so well for masculine cards! The Grass Tuft die from YNS gave him the ground to stand on, and I added three brown Nuvo Drops as an accent.


Inside, I added a small strip of the tree patterned paper, a Kraft strip and a water coloured fish. That left me lots of room to write our note on the white stitched panel.


Supplies:
Kraft, white and brown card stocks
Water Colour Trees patterned paper - Paper Studio
Slimline Stitched rectangle die - Trinity Stamps
Water Colour Pencils
Water Brush
Grin & Bear It (bear and fish stamps) - Local King Rubber Stamps
Grass Tuft Die - Your Next Stamp
1066 Thank You - Karen Burniston
Nuvo Drops

Card size - 3.5 x 8.5", fits in a #10 Business Envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!