Thursday 16 April 2020

Cheerful Slimline Birthday Card

Hello crafty friends

Today I'm sharing a birthday card for a friend and as you can see I made another Slimline card. I am really enjoying this card size!


The cute images are from Your Next Stamp - I couldn't resist ordering this 'Silly Fun Birthday' stamp set, since I make SO many Birthday Cards. I love using up scraps, too so this Slimline die from Whimsy stamps was perfect for that.


I also ordered the coordinating die set - I love YNS dies - look at the bear & balloon image and how the die also cuts the little piece in the centre, between the bear and balloons. I find the hard plastic backing piece on Action Wobbles will often leave a ridge around the stamped image once it goes through the mail. When you use a coordinating die, it's easy peasy to cut a second one from scrap card stock and having the edges line up perfectly. This second layer keeps any ridges from forming.


I had to give this fun elephant some blue eyes. :-)


Finally, here is a peek at the inside - with the banner being fussy cut from a scrap of patterned paper from the same paper pad.


I've heard from my friend via email, and she was tickled with her fun card. That makes my heart happy! I handwrote along the envelope flap "This was sealed with glue and not saliva". Didn't want her scared to open the card in case she caught a virus from me licking the envelope!

Supplies:
Slimline Waves die - Whimsy Stamps
Patterned paper - Sweet Tangerine - DCWV
Black and white card stocks
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Black Olive Ink - Your Next Stamp
Silly Fun Birthday - Your Next Stamp
Silly Fun Birthday Die Set - Your Next Stamp
Copic Markers
Mini Action Wobble
Sakura black glaze and white gel pens
Whatnot Sentiments Set 12 - Your Next Stamp
Stickles

Card size - 3.5 x 8.5", fits in a #10 Business Envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!