Saturday 17 October 2020

Wedding Shutter Card


Hello crafty friends ...

Today I'm sharing the wedding card I made for our niece and fiancé who are getting married this month. I made a 5 x 7" Shutter Card and used some lovely pearlized patterned paper that friends and I split 3 ways about 6 years ago. I used a tutorial by Sam Colcott, and linked it in my Supply List at the end of the post.

I have a walkthrough of the card on YouTube as well, because these cards are fun to see in action. 


After die cutting the Happily Ever After from gold card foil card stock, I adhered it to a circle and die cut doily. This card does not have a Belly Band to hold it closed, but instead I used small magnets. I did use two, because I used heavyweight ivory card stock for the card base and there are lots of layers.


Here is the inside - when the gatefold card is opened, the shutters move back to reveal the sentiment "Forever Begins Today". I added lots of gold vinyl stickers from my stash as well.


The patterned paper is SO pretty - and I used three different patterns for my card today. The Happy Wedding Day is another die set from Karen Burniston.


The semi circle and vinyl heart on the back side of the doily hide one set of the magnets.


Here is a look at the back, but I didn't end up taking a photo of the gift card pocket I added to the bottom. There was still room for all of our families names (I signed for everyone) and we tucked a group gift inside the pocket. 

The pocket was die cut from the same ivory card stock and decorated with a small piece of one of the pearlized patterned papers - it looked so nice!


I absolutely loved making this card for the happy couple!


Supplies:
Card stocks - stash
Patterned paper - Hobby Lobby
Circle Dies - Hero Arts
Sam Colcott's YouTube tutorial HERE
Stitched Circle Frame - Lawn Fawn
Forever Begins - Suite Sayings, Stampin' Up
Painted Love Vinyl Stickers - Stampin' Up (retired)
Gold foil card stock - Stampin' Up
1137 Word Set 12, Anniversary - Karen Burniston
Love & Laughter - Forever Fern (Stampin' Up)
Large Doily - MFT Stamps
Magnets - K & J Magnetics
1032 Happily Ever After - Karen Burniston
Glossy Accents
Gold Silk Microfine Glitter - Elizabeth Craft Designs

Card size - 5 x 7", fits in a standard A7 envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!