Wednesday 14 October 2020

Harvest Pop Up Card


Hello crafty friends ...

Today I'm sharing a Thanksgiving card that is also a pop up. I have a YouTube Video for you as well.



When I'm finished making my Thanksgiving (or Halloween or ...) cards for the year, any leftover embellishments etc go in a baggie or container to be used the next year. Trouble is, I don't usually open that container! This year though, I used up a bunch of items from the Thanksgiving baggie, including this pretty copper embossed foiled 4 x 6 panel! It came to me several years ago on a recycled card and this year I decided to actually USE it. After adhering it to patterned paper and adding a sentiment, the whole card front got a blast from a shimmer spray.


Inside, I used one 'arm' from the Upsy Daisy Pop Up for the pop up action - a die set by Karen Burniston. I've been playing a fair bit with those arms, including using them for Slimline pop up's. But of course I rarely post things in the same order I create them so those cards will be shared in the coming weeks.


The pumpkins are Peel Off's from Elizabeth Craft Designs, added to double sided adhesive then sprinkled with their Silk Microfine Glitter and burnished really well. They were done so long ago though, I can't remember if I used Copic markers or Tombow's and a blender pen! 


It's hard to see in the photos, but I also sprayed inside the card with the Shimmer Spray - but you can see the sparkle in the video. 

Supplies:
Cream Card and Envelope - Michaels
Recycled piece from an already recycled card!
Patterned paper - Harvest Delight, Recollections
1047 Upsy Daisy Pop Up - Karen Burniston
Shimmer Mist
1055 Ovals Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
Peel Offs, Silk Microfine Glitter - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Copic markers
1054 Rectangles Cross Hatch - Karen Burniston
Various card stocks
Inside sentiment - Give Thanks, Echo Park
Banners Pick A Punch - Stampin' Up
Mini Strips Harvest - Taylored Expressions
Mini Strips Die - Taylored Expressions

Card size - 5 x 6.5" came with the envelopes

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Thanksgiving card! It's especially wonderful that you saved your front panel from another card to recycle/re-use onto your card. I really like how you've used the arm of the Upsy Daisy die to create a unique pop up ... can't wait to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!