Thursday 22 October 2020

Ten Paper Pumpkin Christmas Cards


 
Hello crafty friends ...

I received my Octobert 2020 Paper Pumpkin kit from Stampin' Up last week and couldn't wait to get started on it. The kit comes with everything you need (except scissors) to create eight Christmas cards, but I ended up getting ten cards and still have a few items leftover. I have a walkthrough of my cards on YouTube for you as well.

The cards are larger than A2 - they are all A4, or 4 x 6" and come with lovely envelope with a red printed liner. I'm so impressed with the quality of those envelopes. Now I am posting a lot of photos, because Paper Pumpkin subscribers LOVE to see alternative uses for the kit. You won't offend me if you are not a PP subscriber and just want to have a quick look at a couple of cards and move on. Ha.

Right off the bat, I cut one of the pretty card bases in half for my first card. And I made a Z-Fold card that is an A6 size (4.5 x 6").  Other than that, I kept fairly close to one of the two card samples they provide for guidance. The wreath is a punch out piece already printed with a pale green and the red berries. The Paper Pumpkin stamp set has a lovely wreath stamp that you overstamp onto that wreath ... and I used Ohuhu markers to colour in the open leaves.



I have to say that I really like the stamps in this kit and will get a lot of use out if it. 


In addition to the wreath and sentiment strip punch outs, there were also some florals. I did use a few of them, but they aren't necessarily Christmas looking so I decided to save those for Birthday Cards and dig into my Christmas Embellishment Bin instead.

These next two cards are also Z-fold cards, and I added glittered chipboard elements to them on top of a Stitched Label. I love red and Kraft together! I also added a panel of lightweight card stock to the backs to make the cards a little more sturdy. I chose lightweight rather than standard or heavy, to keep the cards from being too heavy.


The sentiment comes from the SU Merry Moose stamp set and I used the Banners Pick A Punch for the ends.


Studio Katia's Gold Fever Confetti added the perfect amount of sparkle. All the red glittered embellishments are used up now - only the gold and green ones remain.



Here is another alternative and another Z-Fold card. I like the size and fonts on the Merry Christmas stamp! I cut a 2-1/4" strip from the front of one of the remaining card bases to add to the left front of this one. 



I snipped one of the floral punch outs in half and added it in behind the stamped panel.


This is probably my favourite card of the bunch - you know I love to use acetate on my cards! I had cut a 2-1/4" strip from one of the card bases for the Z-fold card above, so used 10ml acetate on this card front to make it a full width. 


The sled is a die set from Joset at Elizabeth Craft Designs. When I opened my Christmas Embellishment bin I had a baggie with three already cut and assembled sleds in there. This red one was perfect so I grabbed it and added a few shimmer sprayed punched sprigs along with a twine bow.


Below is the inside of the sled card. I like the different sentiments included in the stamp set and how you can mix and match them.


This card was actually the second one I made and it also follows their suggested layout pretty close.


Inside, I added stamping and a small strip of the foiled card base that was trimmed away on the first card.


This next card also follows the suggested card design .. well sort of. ;-)


I somehow got glue or something on the gold foil PEACE so to hide it I covered the word with Stickles. In addition to more sparkle and shine, you can't see the marks anymore!


Below is the inside ... with a panel of patterned paper to make the card a little more sturdy. I do not like flimsy cards!


For this card I cut the gold foil banner in half so I could extend it out towards the sides of the card more. I also added more sparkly punched sprigs and a burgundy card stock mat behind the cable knit piece.



Finally, you KNOW I had to make at least one Slimline card using the kit! Once I was finished with my Paper Pumpkin card bases, I used two of the leftover wreath punch outs and the cable knit embossed rectangles as my focal points and made a pair of Christmas Slimline Cards.


The patterned paper by Basic Grey is one that I've had in my stash for 6 - 7 years at least. I did use up a number of sheets, stickers and borders from the package on these cards! I used the PP twine to wrap around the wreath before adhering it to the inked cable panel and then both got a blast from my shimmer spray.  I also added plenty of gold Glitter Dots for holiday sparkle and shine.


Here is the inside of the first Slimline card ...


... the NOEL is from the stickers in the Basic Grey package.



... here is the inside of the second Slimline.


I really enjoyed this months kit and making these pretty holiday cards cards. I just worked on them in the evenings until almost everything was used up, saving the leftover floral punch outs for other cards another day. 

Supplies:

Various card stocks - stash

October 2020 Paper Pumpkin Kit (Stampin' Up) - unless specified below

Shimmer spray

Sakura gold gel pen

Stickles

Ohuhu Markers

Glittered chipboard embellishments - K & Company

Stitched Nested Label dies - Stampin' Up

Banners Pick A Punch - Stampin' Up

Happiest of Holidays - Merry Moose, Stampin' Up

Dotted Scalloped Square dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs

Gold Fever Confetti

Mini MISTI - My Sweet Petunia

10 ml acetate

Patterned paper, stickers and borders - Basic Grey (old!)

Sled die - Elizabeth Craft Designs

Gold foil card stock - Stampin' Up

1/4" Quick Strips - Stamp Market

Sprig punch - Stampin' Up

Water Brush

Sticky Dots

Taylored Expressions Blending Brushes

1151 Crosshatch Long Rectangles - Karen Burniston

Glitter Dots - Elizabeth Craft Designs

Brown marker

Card sizes - 4 x 6" using the included envelopes in the kit, 5 x 6.5" uses the included envelope and 3.5 x 8.5" that fit in a #10 Business envelope.

Thanks for stopping by today



2 comments:

  1. Karen, your cards are lovely. I love all these alternative designs for this kit. I made a few cards when it first came out, but you have inspired me to pull it out again. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!